14 | Threats and Apologies

The next day Liam walked into the school building, alone. He decided to take the bus on this beautiful sunny day, listening to his music while watched the city pass by him. He could've asked Chris or Aidan to drive him but everyone was still asleep, so he didn't ask them. He wasn't in the mood to see Zayn, nor did he want to talk to Gigi and Harry.

Ever since his and Zayn's fight, he locked himself up in his room, practically crying himself to sleep. He knew it would never work out between him and the older lad but he didn't have to remind him. Guess it is a sign for him to finally move on.

The brunette sighed softly, tugging a curl behind his ear while clutching onto his books and keeping his gaze on the tilted floor to avoid everyone's looks. Just as he was about to reach his locker, he heard his name being called by a familiar annoying high pitched, making him pick up his pace.

But it was too late, he felt her sling her arm over his shoulder. "Hey girlfriend." Liam tried not to scoff at that.

"What do you want Perrie?" He asked her and tried to get out of her grip. "Oh I just want to talk." The blonde smiled sweetly and waving at her friends who were giggling and snickering in the back. "Now that your best friend is going to be my boyfriend soon." She said and walked somewhere with him where they'd be alone.

"Listen freak." Perrie started, looking at him with an annoyed look. "Here's the deal. Zayn will be my boyfriend soon, so I don't want you or your stupid friends anywhere near him, gaying him up. He's gonna be mine and not yours anymore. And it's clear that he loves me, so." She looked at her fake nails, smirking.

"Excuse me?" Liam was a little taken back at that. "You only just noticed him two days ago and are already claiming him as yours. Bîtch, he belongs to no one. And you can't just go ahead telling me that I'm not allowed to go near him anymore once you're dating." He scowled at her, giving her a glare.

Perrie rose a brow, stepping closer toward him. "I wouldn't mess with me. I accepted the fact that you dress like a freak, seriously, no guy would ever go out with someone like you, a pitiful boy who dresses like a girl. Please, not even Zayn would date you even if he were gay." She whispered with a dry chuckle. "So stay the fûck away from him and don't try to make a move, or otherwise, I'm gonna finally ruin your life."

The brunette pursed his lips, suddenly feeling small when she towered him due to her heels. "By the way, those heels don't mess your skirt." She added and grinned. "See you." And with that, the blonde left him, Liam clutching into his books some more.

He chewed on his bottom lip and looked away from the group of cheerleaders that were looking at him, snickering and whispering, obviously talking about him.

His gaze went back to the floor and he quickly scurried toward his locker. He sighed in relief once he reached it, giving in the code.

Suddenly, as he opened it, a pile of red and white rose petals started flowing out of the small space, Liam jumping back a little in surprise. A folded up note with his name on it, in beautiful handwriting, flow out with it. He narrowed his eyebrows in confusion and slowly knelt down, picking it up.

Unfolding it, he started reading the note, his heart beating fast.

I'm sorry boo
~Z

Liam bit his bottom lip, trying hard to hide his smile. He's supposed to be mad at him, not fall more in love at his cuteness and how he put so much effort into a simple apology. He heard someone clear their throats in front of him and he lifted his head up, only to be faced by a cute fluffy teddy bear who was holding a heard in his paws, the words, i wuv you, being written on it.

The seventeen year old couldn't help himself anymore, his lips slowly curling into a wide smile. He spotted Zayn peeking at him from behind the head, wondering when he could actually show his face.

"You're such a dork." Liam giggled softly and put his arms away from his face, hugging him tightly. And it's as if he had just forgotten what happened a few minutes ago.

"I'm sorry." The dark haired lad murmured softly against his curls after nuzzling his nose into them, Liam resting the side of his face against his best friends broad chest.

"It's okay." Liam whispered softly, enjoying the warmth he was receiving from the taller lad, grasping at his leather jacket as if having the fear he'd fade away. "I overreacted."

"No you didn't." Zayn said softly and kissed his forehead, pulling away. "I didn't mean what I said. I miss understood what you were trying to say yesterday." He held the stuffed animal in front of the brunette, Liam smiling and grabbing it.

"And I get you were trying to protect me. I just really like Aidan, a lot. He's been treating me like a princess." The shorter boy felt his cheeks heat up, biting his bottom lip while looking down at the table.

"And he's a lucky guy for having someone as amazing and beautiful as you Li." Zayn said honestly with a smile, wrapping his arm around his waist.

"You think."

"I don't need to think about it when I already know babe." Zayn chuckled deeply and rubbed his shoulder gently, starting to walk down the hallway with him.

Liam's smile only grew after hearing that, feeling a swarm of butterflies fly around in his and his heart skipping a beat. His cheeks turned a deep shade of red, his lip still trapped between his teeth. "Thank you." He managed to get out without stuttering, tugging a long curl behind his ear.

Zayn looked down at Liam and tilted his head before pressing a soft yet quick kiss to his cheek. "All good now?"

"Yeah." Liam hummed in reply. "All good now." He smiled up at him, chuckling.

"Wait." The younger boy stopped in his tracks, turning around. "Who's gonna clean up the—"

"G and H are already on it." Zayn assured him, grabbing his hand and intertwining their fingers, Liam's breath hitching at the tingly feeling that was running up his arm.

"How did you even manage to—"

"I went to school early, bought 25 roses each on the way along with the teddy bear and the milka chocolate you like so much, took about an hour till the rose petals were off and pilled in the small space, without falling down, if I may say." Zayn explained, chuckling softly. "Gigi snuck the chocolate into your bag while we were busy talking, if you're wondering where the chocolate is."

Liam narrowed his eyebrows and reached into his bag, pulling out a purple wrapped chocolate bar with Oreos. "Oh my gosh Zee!" He squeaked and jumped into his arms again, wrapping his legs around his waist now as well, clung onto him like a baby koala would on its mother.

"Thank you!" He smiled and cupped his stubbled cheeks, kissing all over his face but leaving the lips to their peace even though he was craving to smash their lips finally together.

He smiled at the feeling of his chest vibrating, knowing he was laughing and happy that he was happy. As Liam buried his face into the crook of his best friends neck, he noticed Perrie glaring at him from a far.

Liam definitely knew that he started a war with her, something he wanted to deny so badly. And this time, it was clear, that this one wouldn't end as everyone would've thought.