02 | The camping trip

"Mum? I'm home!" The seventeen year old called through the huge mansion once he entered it, placing his keys in a wooden bowl that stood beside the door on a small white table. He dropped his bag on the floor near the furniture, looking around.

As he walked further into the mansion, the smell of cooked chicken suddenly invaded his nose and he hummed at the delicious scent, slowly following it into the kitchen.

He smiled when he spotted his mother standing in front of the stove, stirring the marinade in the small pot while the chicken was baking in the oven. She was humming softly along to a Spanish song that was playing on the radio, her eyes glued to the cook book as she grabbed all sorts of spices.

He slowly walked up to her, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder. "Hey mum" He greeted her with a soft peck on the cheek.

Trisha smiled softly at the gesture. "When did you get here?" She chuckled and grabbed the dry basil, getting a little out of the glass.

"A few seconds ago" Zayn answered and watched her as she slowly mixed it with the sauce, adding salt after as well.

His mother hummed and glanced back at her cook book, grabbing the glass with paprika. "How was school?"

Zayn shrugged, sighing. "Boring, as usual. But hey, I got good grades again" He told her.

"Of course you did baby" Trisha laughed softly, shaking her head. "I'm proud of you" She turned her head to kiss his cheek before looking back at the sauce.

"Honey, please be a dear and fix the salad yeah?" she asked him, getting out a kitchen knife and grabbing some garlic.

The seventeen year old nodded and removed his arms from his mother, grabbing the salad and washing it in the sink. "So the others and I decided to go on a camping trip today. Is that okay? We'd be back Sunday night" He told her.

"Of course sweetie. As long as you all stay by the campsite with the other campers, I'm perfectly fine with it."

Zayn smiled at that and placed the wet leaves in a bowl once he got them all small. "Thanks mum" He said and quickly kissed her cheek. "I'll be right back" He left the kitchen, getting his phone out.

Ironzayn🤖 : My mum said yes

Limabean🐻 : so did mine 🌚

Frog🐸☕️ : same with me

Badbitch2.0💁🏼 : well my dad is giving me his Car for the weekend so, we're all set to go then 😏

Frog🐸☕️ : what happened to your car?

Badbitch2.0💁🏼 : when I was driving home after dropping you losers off, it broke down 🙃

Limabean🐻 : this is like your third car this year G

Frog🐸☕️ : Liam you should know by now that she's good at breaking new things

Badbitch2.0💁🏼 : shut it frog or I'm gonna shave your curls off

Frog🐸☕️ : calm your tits girl, oh hold up, you don't have any * badumtsch *