06 | First day of senior year

Monday morning came quicker then expected. It was the first day of school and the day Zayn would see Liam again after eight weeks. He was excited yet nervous at the same time, wondering what his reaction might be when the younger lad sees him in school.

He knew that Liam wouldn't be quite thrilled about it, since the curly haired lad liked him the way he was, which he really appreciates. And he's thankful to call him his best friend. But he really wanted to just be someone who was liked by many, not just a few.

Zayn chewed on his bottom lip as he went through his closet, it looking different now since Gigi practically threw everything he had away, or so he thinks.

He bit his lip and grabbed a white v-neck shirt and a pair of ripped skinny jeans along with tight Calvin Klein boxers. He slipped into them after dropping his towel, running his fingers through his damp hair.

He looked at himself in the mirror and bit his lip, taking off his glasses edits grabbing the case with the contacts, putting them on very carefully. He blinked a couple of times, trying to get used to them and slightly shook his head, looking at himself.

After getting his hair ready and slipping into his Jordan's, he grabbed his stuff and his leather jacket before heading down the steps, just to be greeted by his sisters.

"Morning zaynie" Safaa exclaimed happily as she saw her older brother walk into the kitchen, her short legs dangling under the table as she ate some fruit loops.

"Morning princess" He smiled softly and kissed the top of her head. "Wali" He ruffled his other sisters hair, earning a scowl and a glare from the pre-teen.

Zayn rolled his eyes with a grin, pressing a sloppy kiss to her cheek which made the twelve year old scrunch up her nose in disgust. "Yuck" She playfully pushed her brother away and wiped her cheek, huffing before eating her pancakes again.

Trisha shook her head at her children and chuckled softly, smiling when Zayn walked up to her to kiss her cheek. "Morning mum" He smiled while snatching a piece of the freshly cooked Turkey bacon.

"Morning hun" Trisha smiled before turning around to continue making breakfast. "Are you excited for the first day of school? It's your last year" She said softly and placed the finished pancakes in the oven on a plate to keep them warm.

Zayn just hummed in reply and got out a carton of orange juice, getting a glass from the cabinet before pouring the cold substance into it.
"Not really but hey, at least I get to see Liam again after eight weeks" He said and shrugged, taking a sip from the juice.

"You gonna pick him up?"

"Nah, I'm gonna head out early, I still have to get something before I go to school" He said and slung his bag over his shoulder. "Tell Doni I wish her good luck on her first day in college, if she calls" He told her before kissing her cheek once more.

"Bye girls" He kissed both Safaa's and Waliyha's cheek before heading out the front door, waving at his father who was sitting in the lounging area with a news paper in his hands.

He walked to the garage while playing with his keys before pressing the button, the door slowly opening. He stepped inside and walked over to his motorbike, grabbing the helmet and putting on the gloves that were stuffed in it.

He hummed and closed his jacket, slipping his head into the helmet and getting it ready. He got onto the bike and started it up, slowly driving out of the garage and driveway before speeding down the streets.

****

Liam hummed softly as he examined himself in the mirror, smiling softly to himself at the cute outfit he was wearing.