12 | Early smokes and unexpected visitors

Zayn got out a pack of camel cigarettes, getting a stick out and putting it between his lips. He got his London lighter, looking around the school grounds before lighting it up. He inhaled the smoke deeply, his eyes slightly fluttering close, as if all the stress was being sucked out of him after taking that drag, especially the thought about his dream.

He still wasn't over the fact that he dreamt about him. A part of him said it was wrong, to think something like that about his best friend. It felt wrong, yet the other part feels as if it was right, like some sort of sign? No. No, it couldn't be a sign. Zayn's not gay and he never will be gay. Especially not for Liam. He loves him, just not like that. He's 100 percent head over heels for Perrie Edwards. The girl of his dreams. (Or so he thought.)

The lad sighed out the smoke, leaning his back against the brick wall behind him, resting his head against it. His eyes slowly shut as he brought the burning cigarette back up to his lips, inhaling another deep drag of the smoke, his left hand being tugged in his leather jacket. One of his legs were bend and propped up, his foot resting against the wall.

His eyes scanned the schools parking lot, it being packed with students and some just now arriving. His gaze landed on Liam, who was talking with their friends by the benches, laughing, smiling. His heart somehow started fluttering at the sight of the boy's smile.

The way it was, so wide and pure. How his eyes were all crinkled and almost squeezed shut, his button nose being scrunched up in the most cutest way. He always loved that smile, knowing how happy the curly haired boy was.

Zayn blew the smoke out through his nose, his nostrils flaring a little at that as he continued to watch his best friend, unaware of the female presence that was heading his way.

He jumped when a hand was placed on his shoulder, making him quickly turn around and cough out the smoke that was still stuck in his throat.

He looked down at saw Perrie standing there with a sweet smile. "Hi." She giggled softly at him, Zayn chuckling softly after he calmed down.

"Hey." He smiled softly at the girl, clearing his throat. "What's up?" He asked her and took one last drag of his cigarette before throwing the bud on the floor and stepping on it, looking back at her.

"Oh nothing much, just wondering if you'd like to go to Toni's party on Friday? He hosts one every year after summer break because his parents usually leave town for the weekend." The blonde grinned, biting her bottom lip as she looked up at him.

"Uh yeah, yeah sure I'd love to come." Zayn nodded and smiled down at her before glancing at his group of friends. "But is it okay if my friends could come?"

Perrie looked over at them, scrunching up her nose before putting on a fake smile. "Sure." She hummed, dragging out the word. "I think I can manage that."

"Great." The blond haired lad smiled at that, wrapping one are around her waist. "Let's go inside, yeah?" He suggested, looking at her.

"Yes." Perrie squeaked out, a little surprised at that but she grinned. The two slowly walked towards the entrance, the girl place her hand on his chest to examine his tattoos.

She glanced over at Liam who was watching them from afar, clearly seeing the jealousy in his eyes which made her give him a devious smirk, practically telling him who he belonged to before they disappeared in the building.