07 | Unknown jealousy and making the first move

Quick A/n :  I have nothing against Perrie Edwards, I love her very much but as you know she'll be a spoiled bîtch in this story 😁 btw, this is what she will look like ^

****

It was loud. The auditorium (also known as the schools gymnasium)  was piling up with more and more students. Some familiar and some unknown which probably were the freshman's or the new students that attended this school now. The teachers were all seated in wooden chairs on the stage that was build up in the middle of the gymnasium, their mascot being beside the stage.

It was only an hour into the school day and they were all already sent to the auditorium for the beginning of school speech from principle Cowell, like every first day of school after summer, just to give a warm welcome to the new freshman's, sophomores, juniors and seniors.

Zayn, Liam, Harry and Gigi were all seated on the top row of the bleachers, talking about how their summer went and everything, Liam even told Zayn and Harry about Aidan, a weird feeling building up in Zayn's chest as he listened to his best friend explain everything. Without him knowing, his hands were gripping at the bleachers and his body was tensed at the thought of a guy touching his best friend.

Gigi noticed how tensed he was, narrowing her eyebrows at him. She gently nudged her shoulder again my Zayn's when Harry and Liam started talking. "You okay?" she asked him quietly, the lad turning his head to look at her.

"Yeah I'm perfectly fine" He muttered, clearing his throat after before glancing at the curly haired boy beside him.

"You sure? You seem a little tensed up..." The blonde said, her voice laced with confusion but she could already guess why.

"Yeah G, I'm perfectly fine, like I said"

"Seems to me you're not" Gigi scoffed at his sudden change of mood, rolling her eyes and looking ahead.

Zayn sighed softly at that and shook his head gently, biting his lip. He looked around and spotted some girls staring at him, whispering something into each other's ears while blushing and giggling.

He smiled charmingly at them, the girls suddenly looking at each other and trying to contain their squeals. He chuckled softly at that and grinned, licking his lips before looking back around.

His eyes immediately met with two familiar piercing blue ones, his breath suddenly getting caught in the back of his throat.

There she was. Perrie Edwards. Sitting two rows down from him and starring back, her lip caught between her teeth as she tried to hide her smirk, the rest of her minions, as some liked to say, glancing at him and whispering at each other with grins.

But Zayn ignored them. His lips curled into a small smirk and he gave her a cheeky wink. Even if the gymnasium was loud, like very loud, he could still hear her giggle, like music to his ears.

The two were practically communicating with each other with their eyes and lip biting, Zayn being too distracted to even notice Liam calls of his name.

"Zayn!"

The lad jumped in surprise at that, tearing his eyes off the other blonde and looked at the brunette beside him. "What?" He asked confused, Liam rolling his eyes.

The brunette glanced at Perrie who was giving him a slight glare for interrupting them, making him roll his eyes at her. "Never mind" He scoffed and looked back down to the stage.