01 | Last day of school

A/n : ^what Zayn will look like in the first few chapters also, imagine him with braces 😁👀

****

Thirteen years later

The seventeen year old boy was awoken by the ear piercing sound of his digital alarm clock, causing the young lad to jolt out of his peaceful slumber. He groaned in annoyance, burying his face deeply into his soft pillow before searching for the snooze button on the electronic device. Once he had found it, he slammed his fist against it, finally shutting it up.

He sighed in relief and slowly drifted back to sleep, when the door suddenly opened and a familiar voice appeared. "Zayn, honey, come on wake up, it's the last day of school and you're gonna be late" Trisha said once she barged into her son's room, directly walking to the Windows and opening the curtains.

The raven haired lad whined at that, burying his face even deeper into his pillows to avoid the light. "Five more minutes" He mumbled into it but his voice came out as a muffle.

"Get up sweetie" Trisha chuckled softly and walked over to the bed, leaning down to press a soft kiss on his head.

Zayn whined softly and stirred a little, his eyes fluttering open. He blinked a few times and looked up at his mother with a small pout on his lips.

"Don't look at me like that hun" Trisha chuckled and ran her fingers through her son's messy hair. "Now hurry up, Liam will be here in ten to pick you up" And with that, she left the room after grabbing all of Zayn's dirty clothes from the floor. The raven haired lad groaned once more and rolled onto his stomach, reaching over to his nightstand to grab his glasses.

Suddenly his phone started blowing up with the song Anaconda, making him jump up in surprise and fall off the bed with a thud.

"Ow..." He groaned after hitting his head on the end of the nightstand. He stayed on the floor, reaching up to and searching for his phone.

"What do you want?" He answered once he got his phone without looking at the caller I.D., rubbing his eyes under his glasses.

"Well, good morning to you too sleepy head" The sweet voice of his best friend appeared from the other end of the line, a soft chuckle following after. "Why are you so grumpy?"

"It's too early" Zayn groaned and rolled on his stomach, burying his face into his arms. "Plus, my mum woke me up"

"Well at least she got you out of bed. Otherwise I had to drag your flat âss back out, again. You're doing a bad job at being a nerd, usually, they'd already be in school studying"

"Okay first of all, my áss isn't flat" Zayn mumbled as he propped himself up on his elbows. "And second, I'm not really a nerd. I'm just very intelligent and have good grades, I wear glasses and have braces and my style isn't really in at the moment, which other people find ridiculous" He pointed out.

"Still sounds like you're a nerd"

"Oh shut up" Zayn scoffed and pushed himself off of the floor, huffing out a dramatic sigh when he heard his best friend laugh on the other end of the line.

"You know I love ya"

"Yeah yeah" Zayn rolled his eyes and chuckled softly as he headed towards the bathroom, rubbing at the back of his head.

"What? I don't get an I love you too?"

"Uh no" Zayn laughed softly, grinning to himself as he put the call on speaker and placed his phone near the sink.