25 | Daddy Issues and forgiveness

"Babe, are you really sure you're alright?" The brunette chuckled softly at his boyfriend concerned voice in the other end of the line, getting his house-keys out of his school bag. "Yes Toni, I'll be fine don't worry." He assured him once again, unlocking the front door of his home before walking inside.

"Are you very sure?" Liam sighed and shook his head at him even if he couldn't see it. "Are you shaking your head at me?"

"Toni." He groaned, rolling his eyes. "I'm fine, okay? It was just a little milkshake."

"Yeah, but she—"

Liam interrupted him before his boyfriend could continue. "I'm.fine." He placed his keys back into his bag as he walked towards the kitchen, narrowing his eyebrows when he heard his mothers laughter along with someone else's.

"You keep saying you're fine but I don't believe you. Are you lying to me?" He heard Toni ask on the other end of the line but the brunette was too busy standing in the doorway of the kitchen, frozen in spot. "I um, I'm gonna have to call you back Toni." And with that, he hung up the call before the dark haired lad could even say anything else.

"Oh honey! I didn't think you'd be home so early." Karen said once she turned around, smiling softly at her son. "Glee club got canceled because mister Horan wasn't feeling well... What is he doing here?" The boy pointed to the familiar man that was sitting beside her by the counter, arching up an eyebrow in confusion.

The older man turned around, giving the brunette a small smile. "Hello son."

"Geoff." Liam replied curtly, not making eye contact with him. "Mum? Can I speak to you for a second? Alone?" He gave his mom a look, motioning with his eyes for her to follow him to the living room.

"I'll be right back." Karen gave her ex-husband a smile before standing up and following her youngest son into the living room. "Now before you say anything, he called me a few days ago."

"Why?" Liam crossed his arms over his chest and narrowed his eyebrows at him. "He explained to me that he's been thinking a lot. Ever since the family reunion vacation disaster back in L.A., we had a long discussion. I told him what was on my mind after you stormed off and it got him thinking. He misses you, honey. And I can see it in his eyes that he realized what kind of mistake he had made. So we talked over the phone and I invited him over to stay with us and prove if he really means it."

The teenager sighed softly and looked down at his feet, frowning. "What if he's just saying that?" He asked quietly, hearing his mother sigh.

"Baby. It's gonna be alright. Just be yourself around him and if he gives you a snarky comment, he'll be out of this house in no time, alright?" Karen suggested, pulling her boy into her arms. "Fine." The brunette grumbled, leaning himself against his mother and closing his eyes.

"I have to go to the store now. Trisha invited us over for dinner, so I'm making a dessert. Yaser wants to have a 'chat' with Geoff." His mother air quoted chat, chuckling to herself while shaking her head. Liam's frown turned into a grimace and he shook his head. "I'm not joining." He said and crossed his arms once again.

"What do you mean, you're not joining? You love it when we have dinner with them." The older woman rose a brow at her son, only receiving a scoff. "Yeah well, when you experienced their son, who calls himself your best friend, being nothing but a dick today, you don't want to face him." He huffed and passed her, getting his bag. He glanced at his father once more before disappearing up the stairs.

****

The day isn't over and it's already been the worst to him. His so called best friend let his 'girlfriend' humiliate him in front of the whole school, Gigi declared a war with Perrie, his father came back to make things right again and now he had to attended the dinner. Don't get him wrong, he loved the Malik's very much, since they were like a second family to him, but he wasn't ready to talk to Zayn yet, nor face him after what happened in lunch.