08 | lunch time and Invitations

"I can't believe he is actually sitting with them" Liam mumbled while poking around in his lunch, glancing at Zayn who was sitting at the popular table.

It was lunch time. Zayn wasn't sitting at the usual table with Harry, Liam and Gigi in the corner of the cafeteria like the past few years. This time, he was sitting by the populars with a few of the cheerleaders, Eleanor, Kendall, Selena, Jade, Leigh Ann and Perrie, and a few of the football team, Toni, Luke, Calum, Ashton and B.J., of course being invited by Perrie.

"It's just today, he's probably gonna sit with us tomorrow" Gigi said and drank her juice, making Liam scoff.

"Yeah right" He said and pushed the tray away, crossing his arms. "Can't believe he's into that skank"

"You're just jealous because he doesn't like you" Harry hummed with a full mouth. "Swallow before you talk, styles" The blonde scrunched up her nose at that, kicking the lads shin.

"Whatever mum" Harry rolled his eyes at her, frowning when he rubbed at his leg. "Did you hear we got two new teachers?" He then asked, leaning himself a little back.

"Yeah, mister Tomlinson and mister Horan, I believe their names are. Music and Drama" The brunette hummed, nodding his head and tugging a curl behind his ear that fell out of his bun.

"They already sound hot" Harry grinned and played with the ring on his fingers. "Don't even think about it Harold" Gigi said, already knowing what he was thinking.

"I told you to stop calling me that" The long haired boy whined, glaring at the blonde. "You don't even know what I was thinking"

"Oh please, I've known you too long to not know what you're thinking at the moment. Like boi please, we both know you want to either get with one of them once you see them" Gigi rolled her eyes at him, smirking cheekily when she spotted his look.

"So? Is that a crime to dream?"

"Well it is inappropriate, plus if you did ever get with either one, they'd be send to jail" She pointed out for him, shrugging.

Harry scoffed in annoyance. "Fûck you for being such a dumb smart àss" He huffed and crossing his arms. "One time I want to have fun and you ruin it. It's senior year girl, it wouldn't matter anyways. I'm turning eighteen soon anyways"

"If you call you call six months soon" Gigi mumbled against her cup, hissing when she felt the lad kick her leg hard. "Ow!"

"Shut up Hadid"

"Make me styles"

"I rather not"

"You're disgusting, I didn't even mean it that way"

"Oh please. We both know you want me"

"Um ew?"

Liam rolled his eyes at the two who were bickering once again. He definitely didn't miss that. He sighed softly and glanced over at Zayn who was getting a little too comfy with the witch, making him scoff and stand up.

He grabbed his bag before storming out of the cafeteria. He couldn't handle it anymore. It's only been the first day and Zayn was already making a move on Perrie. And he definitely did not like it.

The brunette sighed softly as he walked down the empty hallway, heading towards his locker. He opened his bun and ran his fingers through his locks, ruffling them a little before tying them back up into a bun, a few curls dangling down his forehead.

He gave in the combination of his locker once he was there, opening it and looked at himself in his mirror he had hung in the door. He got out his lipgloss and applied a new coat.

"Why did you go?" Liam jumped in surprise when he heard Gigi's voice appear from behind him, turning around. "I wasn't hungry anymore" He lied and shrugged, turning back around.

When he was about to apply the lipstick again, Gigi was quick to snatch the small thin tube away. "Stop lying Liam" She closed the locker as she stepped in front of him.

"I know it's about Zayn"

"It's not about him G" Liam mumbled and took his lipstick back, putting the tube into his bag.

"Yes it is. You can't stand how close he is to the witch of the west" The blonde said and rolled her eyes.

"Um no?" It came more out as a question than answer, Gigi raising her eyebrow at that. "Hun please, Harry and I both know you're in love with Zayn. Hell the whole school knows it"

"Is it really that obvious?" Liam sighed and leaned himself back against the lockers.

"Yes, yes it is" Gigi chuckled softly. "But the only one who doesn't see it, is Zayn. So that's a first"

"I never wanted to. He's my best friend and I can't bare to loose him" Liam frowned and looked down at his hands, playing with the bracelets on his left wrist.

"I know Li" Gigi wrapped her arms around him, hugging him. "It's gonna be okay. Haz and me are here if you need anyone" She said softly with a assuring smile, Liam returning it.

"Thanks G" He sighed softly and leaned against her, chuckling when the girl kissed his cheek.

****

"Thanks again for helping me with chemistry" Perrie grinned as her and Zayn were standing by her car, twirling a strand of her blonde hair around her finger.

"It was no problem love" The lad smirked, leaning forward and resting his calm on the hood of the car.

Perrie giggled and bit her lip, placing her free hand on his muscular chest. "You free tonight?" She asked, tracing her fingertips slowly up his chest.

"Mm, it depends"

"On what?"

"What you're planning on doing tonight" Zayn grinned cheekily, earning a playful eye roll from the girl.

"Well, me and the guys were heading out to the diner tonight and since you're getting along so well with them, I was thinking you could maybe join us"

"I have to check and see if the others haven't planned anything, but knowing them, they probably do" Zayn chuckled deeply.

Perrie fake pouted at that and looked up at him with puppy eyes. The lad bit his lip when he looked into her mesmerizing eyes. He couldn't say no to those. He sighed, giving in. "I'll see what I can do"

The girl grinned at that. "Mm alright" She slipped a small piece of paper into his pocket. "Text me when you can" She winked and kissed his cheek before getting into the car with her squad, leaving the boy stand there in shock.

Zayn watched the car drive out of the parking lot, waving at them before smiling to himself. He turned around to see his friends starring at him with a weird look, Liam just glaring at him.

"What?" Zany asked confused by there looks, especially Liam's. The brunette just scoffed and got into Gigi's car, slamming the car door shut.

"What did I do?" Zayn asked and rose a brow in confusion at his best friends response. Gigi and Harry just shook their heads and sighed. "We'll see you later zee" and with that, the two got into the car and drove off, leaving the fake blonde alone and confused in the empty parking lot.

"What the hell?" He asked himself, narrowing his eyebrows before sighing in content and shaking his head, grabbing his helmet.