10 | Climbing stocks and late night calls

Zayn chewed on his lip as he looked up at the balcony of his best friends room, trying to figure out how to climb up there. He couldn't my ring the bell, that was for sure, since Liam's mother was probably already asleep. Luckily, judging by the light that was coming from the brunettes room and the music he could hear till down here, he was still awake, probably studying.

He licked his lips and looked around before taking a hold on the rose stock that was growing on the side, slowly climbing up the side. Once he jumped over the stoned railing of the balcony, the flower pot that was placed on the edge fell to the ground and broke into millions of pieces, Zayn then noticing he accidentally knocked it off with his legs.

"Oops" He mumbled to himself and looked at the door which was covered with closed curtains, noticing the music stopped. He waved sheepishly at Liam when the curtains opened, the brunette rolling his eyes and opening the door.

"What the hell are you doing here Zayn?" he asked and walked up towards him, wrapping his arms around himself. "I came to talk to you" Zayn bit his lip, looking down at the shorter boy.

"About?"

"What happened after school today. You got into Gigi's car really pissed off and I wanna know why" The blonde said and leaned himself against the railing, crossing his arms over his chest.

Liam rolled his eyes once again and shook his head. "Just, the fact that you and Perrie are already so close when Perrie used to make fun of you all the time. She's just going to use you Zayn" He said and looked up at the taller boy. "She'll play with your feelings and become a total spoiled bîtch as soon as you go shopping with her and she'll eventually tell you to stop hanging out with us, especially me. Do you really think I wan't a her in the way of our friendship? You know exactly that we have a special friendship and I have a feeling that Perrie will ruin it for us" he avoided Zayn's eyes, the lad could tell how Liam was getting worked up on it.

He sighed softly and wrapped his arms around him. "No matter what happens you'll always be my best friend Liam. No one can ever change that" He murmured softly into his curls, closing his eyes. Liam nodded and held onto Zayn, as if having the fear he'd fade away.

"We made a packed. That, no matter if we have a boyfriend or girlfriend, they will not get in the way of our bond" He ran his fingers through Liam's long locks once the boy had cuddled himself in Zayn strong chest. The curly haired boy nodded his head and sighed softly.

"You should better get going" He said and pulled away slowly, looking up at the blonde. "I'll see you tomorrow" He smiled a little and got on his toes, pressing a gentle kiss to his stubbled cheek before heading back inside.

Zayn still stayed there for a moment, watching the boy leave and biting his lip. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, climbing over the rail and back down the rose stock.

He glanced up at Liam's window one more time before sneaking back to his place, chewing on his bottom lip.

****

The room lit up for a few seconds, the thunder roaring afterwords. The wind was violently blowing outside and the rain that was falling down the sky hit the Windows hard.

Liam sighed softly to himself, sitting in front of his make up desk, his legs crossed and his chin resting on his palm.

He looked at himself before grabbing a make up remover towelette and started removing his make up. Once he was done he took a glance at himself, running his hands over his face before rubbing at his eyes.

The boy then grabbed his brush, brushing his messy locks back and tying it into a small ponytail, a few small locks dangling off his forehead.

He tilted his head a little to the side, biting his lip before rubbing his arm. He didn't understand how Zayn could be so oblivious and not see that Perrie is only going to use him. He deserved so much better than some blonde bimbo who's only out for his looks and his money. She never noticed him in school, and now she's all over him all of a sudden.

Sometimes he just wishes that Zayn would actually be gay and fall for him, but that's a zero percent chance. No one would really want to go out with Liam unless they wanted to have a quick fûck. He learned that lesson from his first boyfriend. Since then he didn't really date anyone until Aidan, who treated him like a process throughout those weeks he spent in Los Angeles. But that was only a summer fling, nothing important.

He sighed softly and stood up, taking off his robe before turning the lamp of his make up table off. He walked towards his bed and slowly laid down in it, cuddling himself up in his soft sheets.

He always pictured Zayn laying beside him, his strong arms wrapped around his waist and soft kisses being placed on his neck. How much he wished for the boy to just pin him down and do all sorts of things with him.

He had his lip trapped between his teeth and his eyes were set in the ceiling as he watched his room light up due to the Lightning. He grabbed his phone from the charger, checking the time.

11.30 pm. The brunette groaned and rubbed his eyes, biting his lip. He slowly sat up and looked over at the window that was facing Zayn's house, chewing his lip. He dialed Zayn's number and stood up, grabbing his robe again and putting it on.

"Hello?" Liam felt a shiver run down his spine when he heard Zayn's deep, groggy voice. "Um hi Zee" He said softly, walking over to the window.

"Hey Li, what's up?"

"I um, I was wondering if we could maybe talk a little? I can't sleep" Liam chewed on her lip, hearing Zayn chuckle on the other end of the line. "Yeah sure, what do you want to talk about?"

"Anything really. How was your summer? Like I want to hear it from you, not the others" Liam sat down on the windowsill, looking over at Zayn's window and spotted him sitting there, looking back at him.

"It was interesting" Zayn chuckled softly, running his fingers through his blond hair. "I changed my look, set Gigi up with a girl named Sophia. I have a very mean fitness instructor, who's literally making me go through hell" Liam giggled at that. "And I got a tattoo for you" His heart suddenly stopped beating at that.

"You got a tattoo for me?" He bit away his smile that was forming his lips, his heart starting to beat again, faster than before. "Course I did. Gotta have something to remind me of my best friend" His smile faded a little, nodding his head.

"Am I allowed to see it?" He asked him, wrapping an arm around him as he looked toward his window, flinching a little when the sound of the thunder appeared once again.

"You have to find it yourself" Zayn sent Liam a small grin. "You're mean you know that?" The brunette pouted at his best friend, the blond rolling his eyes.

"Whatever" The lad laughed softly. "Go to bed now li" Liam whined softly. "Sing me to sleep?"

Zayn chuckled softly at that and hummed. "Alright babe" Liam squealed and giggled, blowing him a kiss before walking to his bed.

He laid back down and made it comfortable for him, closing his eyes when Zayn sang his favorite song to him. His voice was softer than ever, which caused the brunette to slowly drift off to sleep.

"Goodnight princess"