Chapter 5: Don't Quit Mama.

Next day
Tuesday, September 2nd

I woke up by the sound of my mom yelling in her room. I looked over at my phone and it's 5:45A.M.

Why is this lady yelling so early in the morning?
I guess she's my alarm for today.
But I'm supposed to wake up at six.

I got up from my warm comfortable bed and left my room following my mom's voice to her room.

"Where were you?!" I heard her yell.

I walked up to her door, that was shut and locked.

"I told you not to go anywhere! I can't believe you! Where are you?!" She yelled.

She's probably on the phone with Dylan.

"How many times I gotta tell you not to go over to William and Chris house?! They're dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt!" I heard her slam something making me jump back.

"You don't understand Dylan, I know you're sixteen and all but-"

There was silence.

She sighed, "You're too young Dylan! Come back home now! I mean it! It's so embarrassing to just come to the Jackson's house and leave without saying a word to them at all! Do you know how embarrassed I am?!" She yelled. "I don't understand why you have to do me like this Dylan, I'm your mother." Her voice cracked. "I don't care Dylan, I'm your mother and you're supposed to treat me with respect and not cuss at me every five seconds!"

I heard her groan really loud and start to sob.
My heart begun to crack a little, knowing that she's starting to cry. I hate when she cries, when she cries, I feel bad and my heart breaks. Its hard to hear or watch your own mom cry.
I softly knocked on the door.
The sobbing suddenly stopped and soft footsteps came towards the door.

"Who is it?" I heard her say softly.

"I-It's me.... Ariel." I said softly to the door.

"U-Uh go back to sleep honey, it's not time to wake up yet." I heard her say.

I sighed, "Can you let me in please?" I asked.

It took her long to respond. I knew she was walking around her room or something because of the sound of her footsteps.

"Okay, I have to talk to you too." I heard her say.
I heard the door unlock as she slowly opened the door. I looked at her, and half her hair is gone. She has bags under her eyes pieces of hair on her night gown. I gasped covering my mouth as she hung her head down looking depressed. The thought of Dylan escaped my mind and focused on what's going on with her.

"Mama. What happened?" My voice cracked.

She sighed and opened the door wide for me to come in and she sat down on her bed. I looked around and there's hair everywhere. On the dresser, nightstands, bed, floor and chair. Her stuff was all over the place and a lot of papers crumpled up in the corner of her room. It looks like she thrown some stuff around.

She sniffed, "My hair is falling out now." She softly said covering her eyes.

I gasped and sat next to her on her messy bed, rubbing her back to calm her down before she starts crying a lot.