Chapter 57: I'll get her back...

*2 weeks later*
Christmas Eve

LATOYA POV

Rebbie parked her car in front of the garage after a long day of shopping at the mall to get my mind off of Marcus.

It's been two weeks since all of that happened.... the rape, the screaming, the threatening and telling Ariel and Sabrina everything but it seem like they don't care.

We went shopping in the mall today and bought a lot of things because most stores are giving discounts for Christmas Day tomorrow. It was crowded but it's worth it getting cute clothes and the stuff you want twenty dollars cheaper than usual. We're not allowed to celebrate Christmas so we decide to go out a few days before Christmas and buy a lot of stuff.

I also destroyed the present I bought Ariel after we had that argument that one day. An decorated picture frame with a picture of us in glass. I totally smashed that glass, ripped that photo of us and burned it.... she's not my friend anymore. Now I'm in need for a new friend.

I carried eight bags... four hanging on one forearm and four more hanging on the other. Rebbie doing the same with her heavy bags, struggling to hold everything with extra stuff in her hand, her keys and phone.

We carefully walked through the icy concrete on the side walks and through the ankle deep snow covering the dead grass, holding a lot of stuff in our arms from all the stuff we bought from the mall.

We finally walked inside our warm big house filled with our sweaty six brothers practicing in the living room with Joseph on his living room chair giving them death stares and Mother sitting on the other side of the room fixing Janet's hair.

The whole living room smells like sweat and hair gel... very unpleasant combination.

My brothers have been practicing for the past week and a half because they're going on tour before the new year starts. They're gonna be gone for about a month and come back.

We both slammed our stuff down on the ground in front of us and let out deep breaths after carrying those fifty pound bags to the house. Mother looked up and chuckled at us while putting Janet's hair into a ponytail.

"How was your shopping day girls?" She yelled over the loud music that my brothers were playing.

I held a thumbs up since I can't talk by how hard I'm panting and loosing my breath. I quickly took my coat off of me and hung it up on the coat rack behind me.

"I have some leftover dinner for y'all on the stove. You might have to warm it up."

"No.. we already ate a bunch of food at the mall." Rebbie said out of breath.

Since our parents gave us a lot of money, we went and ate extra large fries for the both of us, cheeseburgers, ice cream along with extra large drinks and free samples from random food places at the food court.

I'm surprised we still had enough money to buy a closet of clothes...

Mother chuckled and continued to brush Janet's hair, "Well can one of y'all do the dishes for me. We're all so busy."

I scratched my head and quickly grabbed my stuff off the floor and glanced at Rebbie giving her the "I'm not doing it" look.

Rebbie sighed and rolled her eyes at me, "I'll do it." She mumbled to mother and looked back at me giving me the death glare.

Joseph got up from his living chair carrying his belt in his clenched fist and walked towards the spiral stairs.

"Alright! Y'all go take a break while I go upstairs and take care of business! Y'all better get this routine cleaned and perfect when I get back or else!" Joseph barked before he climbed upstairs.