Chapter 14: Mean Teacher

Next day
Friday, September 5th

Michael's POV•
I sat in my desk waiting for Algebra to start. I prepared my algebra book, took out my homework out of my binder and set it beside each other. We had a ten question homework page filled with easy algebra questions. I finished it in 5 minutes last night.

I don't really like Algebra much. It's really boring. I like English because we get to read stories and and write paragraphs. It's more better than solving a math problem with so many numbers.

Ariel was one of the last to come in the room. She rushed in, looking a bit worried and sat in her seat right in front of me. I quickly ripped out a piece of paper out of my notebook and wrote down "Are you okay?" and handed it to her. She looked back at me with a weak smile and looked back at the paper.

I recently had seen a post on Instagram about her. One girl, named Bethany posted a picture of her. Ariel didn't know she took a picture of her. She was wearing that pretty dress she wore last night and she was in this light pink room full of girls sitting down next to Nia and Latoya. The caption said, "I don't know why she's trying out to be a model. Not to be rude but isn't she a little heavy to be a model?" I saw that post last night and I was so confused.

What do she mean "A little heavy" ?
She's perfect.

Ariel handed me the paper I read it and it says, "Yeah? Why?" nicely written on paper with a pencil.

I wrote down, "I saw a post about you." and I gave it to her.

"Listen up class!" Ms. Steely shouted over the voices in the classroom.

Everyone calmed down a little bit as Ms. Steely turned on the projector and grabbed a pencil from behind her.

"First, I'm going to pick up your homework and grade it. Pass your papers forward please." She said in her high pitched light voice.

I nicely smiled at my full homework paper and handed it to Ariel while she gave me the notebook paper under the table. I read the paper and it says, "Which one did you see?"

Which one?
There's more?

I wrote down, "This girl took a picture of you in modeling tryouts I think that is. You was wearing that pretty dress from yesterday." I secretly handed it back to her because the teacher was looking our way.

"Mr. Jackson." Ms. Steely called out my name.

"Yes." I replied.

"What are you doing? Don't share homework answers." She nicely said to me.

"Oh." I scratched the back of my head. "I wasn't. She just- uh- dropped something. Uh- she dropped her paper and I gave it back to her." I lied.

Ms. Steely nodded her head and collected the papers a student have to her and set it on her desk.

Ariel gave the paper back to me quickly and secretly and it says, "Wait. I haven't see that before. Did they say something bad about me"

I wrote down, "Yeah" drew a straight face beside it and handed it back to her.

I heard her sigh while writing and hesitate a little. She gave the paper back to me and slouched in her chair making me feel like I made her mad.