Chapter 40: Cheating? (Updated)

❋❋Should I do a face reveal?🤔❋❋

November 26th

Ariel's POV

I'm at the Jackson's house in Michael's room just chatting with Michael about random stuff like we always do.

It's almost time for the auditions to start and Michael don't have his uniform on yet, neither do his brothers

I'm going to cheer for both groups. Of course I want The Jackson Five to win but I also want Prince and The Revolution to win. To be fair, I'm not going to be on either side now that Michael is my friend, I'm just going to watch and have fun.

Now that Michael and I have been friends again for a week, he's always talking to me nonstop. We'll stay up all night texting each other. He'll crack some jokes about stuff and sometimes we still get in arguments. So it's kinda an on off friendship.

Michael has his leg pumping up and down rapidly, worrying what could happen when he goes on stage for the upcoming party audition.

"Joe is going to beat all of us if we don't get the auditions." He fiddled with his fingers.

"It's okay Michael, just chill. Everything is going to be okay." I tried to make him feel better.

I chuckled, "Prince is worrying about the same thing and I'm trying to calm him down too." I added.

He smacked his teeth and slouched in the couch.

"I didn't ask about Prince.." He mumbled.

"I'm sure y'all both with do good." I assured.

"No just hope that the Jackson Five will get the audition."

"Of course I want y'all both to get the audition but there can only be one winner."

"What do you mean?" He asked looking at me puzzled.

"Who do you want to get the auditions? Be honest." Michael said turning his body towards me and resting his arms on top of the couch.

I'm scared it'll hurt his feelings. Since he wants me to be honest, I'll tell him.

"Uh. Prince and his group." I scratched the back of my head.

His smile turned into a frown after what I just said. He looked at me in disappointment, making me feel uncomfortable.

I feel like I broke his arm or something. He really thought that I would say "Jackson Five" but I didn't.

"Why though?" He asked while sliding his arms from off the top of the couch.

I sighed, "Because. Prince and his group just became famous. They haven't performed in parties yet like y'all have. Don't you think it'll be fair if they won the audition so that they can do that?"