Chapter 24: Homecoming Dance Prt 2

*       *       *

After we finished eating our food, all of us just sat and talked to each other. Everyone on the table are cuddled up together like earlier today but Prince and I. The table is more full because Erica, Sabrina Nia and Latoya brought their dates to the table and Prince is here beside me.

"So how was your day everyone?" Erica excitedly asked before she took a sip of her drink.

"Mine was great." Nia held her hand up smiling "Cameron gave me some presents today, we didn't have to exercise in gym today, and I'm having fun right now." Nia smiled brightly.

Cameron smiled at Nia and kissed her cheek.

"Mine was awesome because I just got some news from Ashely and she told me that I'm going to do some fashion photoshoots tomorrow with her and it's gonna be fun." Sabrina smiled.

"How was your day Ariel?" Erica asked me. "I saw you run away and cry earlier over there." She pointed her head towards where I was earlier.

I frowned and shrugged.

"Mine was horrible." I mumbled.

"And then I made it better." Prince added.

"Aww." They cooed.

"Yeah, that nigga, Michael needs his ass whopped." She pointed her fists against the palm of her hand.

"Wait. What happened?" I heard Cameron ask.

"My dumbass brother made her think that he was gonna ask her to the dance but he didn't. He asked Kaitlyn." She sighed. "That's all I'm going to say. I ain't saying the whole story." She answered Cameron's question.

Cameron sat back in his seat and start laughing.

"But then Prince asked her to the dance and now she's happy." She smiled at me.

I smiled at her back.

"Prince? Ew." Cameron cringed at him. "That nigga broke Nia's heart." He looked at Prince.

"I'd rather have you to dance with nobody than Prince. It's better to dance with nobody Ariel, trust me. Or should I find you a better boy to dance with?" Nia crossed her arms.

I held my mouth a little open in disbelief and I could hear Prince popping his knuckles under the table.

"Nia, Cameron, shut up. Please. I'm sure he's not like that." I calmly said.

"Please. Let's not start an argument. This event is supposed to be fun and special. So be happy and save this for later." Latoya calmly said to all of us.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" We heard a deep voice through the microphone.

We all popped our heads towards the stage as Mr. High stood there nicely dressed in a tuxedo.

"We're going to play nice slow tunes for all the couples out there so if you don't have a man or woman, please leave the dance floor and do something else." He spoke.

Everyone cheered and moved around the cafeteria. All my friends left the table quickly leaving Prince and I alone awkwardly sitting together. Then, "How to Love by Lil Wayne" came on.