Chapter 13: Modeling Tryouts

•Next Day•

After a long day at school, Sabrina and I went home and I went upstairs and I took a shower. I put on some comfortable clothes, not caring how I look like and put my hair up in a messy bun. I then rushed downstairs and rushed to the Jackson's house with Mama. Mama wanted to go over the Jackson's house with me and watch Latoya, Nia, Erica, Rebbie and I get ready for the modeling try outs. Sabrina decided to stay home with Trey and Dylan, she didn't want to help us get ready for the tryouts. But whatever, I can't believe she's still mad at me. She's been mad at me for the longest and not talking to me but I don't care.

Katherine opened the door and her smile brightened, "Heyyy." She said excitedly holding her arms out. She's wearing a light purple sun dress with white flowers all over  and black flats.

"Hey." Mama hugged her.

"Come in. Come in." She opened the door wide.

We walked in and the whole family is in the living room, except the sisters, sitting on the couch talking and watching tv. One couch was filled with the brothers and Joseph has the other couch sitting with Janet.

"Hey Ariel and Ms. Bleu!!" I heard little Janet squeal.

"Heey." The others said together.

I blushed as everyone smiled at me, "Hey." I shyly said and waved.

Joseph smiled at me, "The girls are upstairs getting ready in Latoya's room." He pointed at the stairs.

"Thank you." I smiled.

I shyly and slowly walked up the stairs as I felt the eyes on me until I got to the top of the stairs. I walked up to the door that has a big sparkly "L" on the middle of a white door. I heard music and feminine voices going on behind the door. I knocked loudly so they can hear me and waited patiently for them to open up. Their voices stopped as I heard footsteps come closer to the door. The door swung open and it's Latoya. She's wearing a pretty light blue poofy short dress. It has diamond rhinestones on the top and the bottom of the dress is light blue and poofy. I look down at her shoes and she's wearing pearly white high heels.

"Omg hey." Latoya smiled brightly as she opened her arms out.

"Heey!" I hugged her really tight. "You look very beautiful." I said looking down at her dress again.

"Thank you." She smiled and opened the door for me to come in.

The smell of burning flat iron rushed in my nostrils as I walked in and the sound of the bass from the stereo filled my ears. Nia is sitting on a chair with Erica and Rebbie on the sides of her. Nia has some pretty makeup on her while Rebbie was curling her hair and Erica was painting her nails.

Rebbie smiled at me, "Hey Ariel! You're just in time! We found an outfit for you at the mall." She effused.

"Shut up." I said sarcastically. "No you didn't." I chuckled.

"Yes we did, we went like two days ago, I didn't tell you though." Latoya playfully pushed me.

"Omg that's great. Where is it?" I asked looking around.

"Oh, it's in my closet. Don't look at it yet. We have to do your hair and makeup first, then I'll let you see it."

"Here." Rebbie pointed at the chair next to Nia. "Sit right there, I'm almost done with Nia."