Chapter 41: Love and Hate in One Night

Ariel's POV

We walked inside of the Nelson's place with Prince's hand covering my eyes as he guided me upstairs slowly to his room.

"Stay right there." He said before rushing off to somewhere else.

I did what he told me to do and stood there for a few seconds. I heard a few scratching on the hard floor and Prince shuffling around the room.

It sounds like someone else is in here...

"Open baby." I heard his voice.

I open my eyes and blinked a few times and there is Prince sitting on the floor with a fluffy light brown and white big dog laying beside him...

My heart...

They're both cute.

My face lit up and I cover my mouth watching the adorable dog sniff the air. Prince smiles at me, watching my reaction.

"Surprise." He cooed softly.

"Skipper." I rushed towards them and kneeled down. "Omg. A dog?"

He raised his eyebrow after I called him Skipper and chuckled.

I don't don't really call him by his nickname, Skipper that much.

I sat beside Prince and the dog hopped over Prince's legs into my lap.

"Yes. She's yours." He chuckles rubbing the dog's back.

"Omg you didn't have to-"

"I have to. This is your gift from me because I love you and I know you love animals."

I gently rubbed the dog's head as it tries to sniff my hand. I put my hand in front of its nose and let it sniff.

"Is it a boy or girl?" I asked.

"It's a girl." He replied.

I looked down at her and smiled.

I know this dog is gonna be all types of spoiled when I take her home.

"Thanks baby. I appreciate it."

"I found her on the street last night by herself. She didn't have a collar on so I brought her into the house and took her a bath." He explained.