Chapter 20: Yay..Wait..What?

Next day
Wednesday, September 10th

I felt a few light taps on my shoulder as I slowly wake up. I lifted my head up from my folded arms on the desk and realized that I fell asleep in class.

"Ariel. This is the millionth time I called your name. Are you okay?" I heard Prince whisper beside me.

I looked at him puzzled and straightened up acting like I was never asleep. I looked over at Ms. Steely and she's not on the board teaching like she was earlier, she's over at her desk on her laptop. I looked down at my arms and my arms are covered in marks where I was sleeping on and it made me realize that I was sleeping for a long time.

"Did you get enough sleep last night?" Prince asked me again tapping my shoulder.

I shook my head and covered my eyes from the brightness of the room.

"What time did you go to bed?" He heard him ask.

"About two." My voice sounded dry.

"Why? You usually go to sleep early." He whispered.

I yawned and put my hands down, "I was hanging with Michael for a little bit and went back inside." I rested my chin on the palm of my hand.

He sighed and sat back in his seat and crossed his arms.

"Michael." I heard him say to himself. "Why were you hanging around him early in the morning?" He looked at me and asked.

"I was uh- exercising outside and he found me." I said feeling a little stupid.

He chuckled a little, "Why would you exercise outside when you're supposed to be in bed?" He asked.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "I need more exercise." I mumbled.

"Can I come over after school?" He smiled.

"Yeah, I said that yesterday." I nodded.

"I'm not gonna ride the bus with you, I'm just gonna come over whenever I feel like it." He winked.

"Why?" I shrugged.

"You'll know why later." He turned back around and looked at his paper. "I might not come tonight. I might come tomorrow. I don't know." He mumbled.

My phone vibrated on my desk causing it to make a really loud sound. Everyone jumped in their seats a little and looked back at me making me feel embarrassed.

"Turn your phone off Ms. Bleu." I heard Ms. Steely say from her desk.

I quickly grabbed my phone and looked at it. It's a text from Latoya that says, "Hey girl! After class you got to meet me at the gym so we can see the results from the cheer tryouts! 😄"

I sighed and held my phone to my lap so no one can notice me texting.

"I really don't wanna go. I'm wearing pretty makeup and I don't want to mess it up from crying." I texted back.

Wearing pretty makeup for Michael of course. I really want him to ask me to he dance this time and I think he will because of last night. It was so obvious that he wants to go to the dance with me! He wants me to remember those dance moves so we'll do them at the dance. It looks like he wanted to ask but he never did, he's probably waiting until we're in school so I put on my best outfit and good makeup and I don't wanna mess it up, knowing that I didn't make the team. He's right behind me and he's pretty busy doing his work, he's probably not gonna ask me now. Probably lunch?