Chapter 23: Homecoming Dance Prt 1

After School

No one was home but Sabrina and I, so I went straight to my room after I got off the bus and did nothing but cry in my pillow. I've used almost the whole box of tissues in 30 minutes. I cried harder than I was earlier. The rest of the school day after lunch, I've talked to nobody at all and didn't dare look at Michael. I tried really hard not to cry at the most random moments and just save it until I get home. Now that I'm home, I can cry all I want to.

I'm not special. I'm not beautiful. I'm not the perfect girl. I'm an ugly ass bitch. That's what he's trying to say to me. He played me.

"Oooh you're so beautiful you're so perfect!" Then he says, "Bitch sike fat ass!" By asking that damn troll to the dance and calling her beautiful.

I hate myself for falling for him.

I heard a knock on my door.

I didn't answer.

The door opened revealing Sabrina with a really pretty long dress on, bright red lipstick, glittery make up on, her hair curled and red shiny heels on. Her smiled faded when she saw me on the bed crying.

"What's wrong?" She asked closing the door behind her.

I shook my head and look down. She walked towards me and sat beside me on my bed.

"It's Michael right? I've heard about it." She put her hand on my back.

I nodded my head and let out a cry in my hands.

"Why are you crying over him though?" She asked.

"What do you mean why?! I had a huge crush on him and he acted like he like me too and acted like he was gonna ask me to the dance but he didn't! He asked Kaitlyn!" I raised my voice.

She sighed and stayed silent for a moment while I cried in my hands.

"Well, to be honest I think that was wrong of him but you shouldn't be crying over him. You don't need a guy in order to go to the dance, you can go with your friends. Rebbie doesn't have a guy with, you should have her to go to the dance with you."

"I'll stay home. I'm not in the mood." I said in my hands.

"The homecoming dance isn't all about dancing with your crush or boyfriend, you can always dance with your friends and turn up with them."

"I'll stay home." I said again.

"You sure? You don't wanna dance with me and Jason?" She asked.

"No. I'll stay home." I shook my head.

"Please."

"I'll stay home Sabrina!" I raised my voice.

She smacked her teeth and got up.

"Well bye cry baby." She swung the door open.

Latoya's POV

I rode the bus home after school, got dressed in my homecoming dress: