Chapter 50: A Real Friend Knows

Next day

Latoya's POV

"Hurry up in the bathroom Toy! I have to go!" Marlon yelled banging the bathroom door while I stood in front of the mirror doing my makeup.

I rolled my eyes and slammed my lipstick down on the counter getting annoyed from his existence.

"This house has many bathrooms! You ain't always gotta use this one! Go to another one!" I yelled back.

"Every person is in a bathroom and I still need to get ready for school!" He continued knocking rapidly.

"Well you should've got up when the alarm clock went off!" I pulled my phone out to take a mirror picture.

"Latoya open the door!" Marlon kicked the door.

"Go find somebody else to bother! Why does it always have to be me?!" I yelled.

"Open the door!" He raged.

"Nope." I pursed my lips and leaned on one hip for the picture as he struggled to get the locked door open.

I swear we still act like little kids towards each other. We're always arguing.

Every morning we go through this.

He comes to the door thaT I'm in and rushes me when he could be going to Michael's or the other boys' bathrooms.

"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!" I heard a deep scary voice.

It made me jump and almost drop my phone.

I know good and well that's not Marlon yelling at me. His voice isn't that deep.

I unlocked the door and opened the door slowly and there stood Joseph standing beside Marlon still dressed in their pajamas.

"This is not your damn house and you don't have the right to lock any door. You're not the one who pay the bills."

You're not the one who pay the bills either... you just leave Mother hangin.

"Marlon go get ready to go before you miss the bus." Joseph mumbled and walked away.

I gathered my makeup and stuffed them in my makeup bag and left the bathroom so that Marlon can do his business.

While walking across the hallway upstairs, I bumped into Michael. He has a few tears beneath his eyes and holding his used pajamas.

"What's wrong Michael?" I breathed.

"I want her b-but she's with Prince. I swear she's the one but she's already taken. This is too hard for me." He held his head with one hand and his pajamas in the other.

I sighed, "Michael, you act like they're gonna be together forever. Relationships don't last that long. Especially at this age."

"I'm trying to be patient but it's too long. I would've been with her if Kaitlyn hadn't interrupted." He whined.

"Tried to tell ya but your dumb self wouldn't listen. Now, go on and get ready to go and stop crying over Ariel." I shooed him away with my hand.

I walked into my room and packed some of my needs in my backpack. Folder, binder and pencils is all I need. I grabbed my cheer bag and packed, extra clothes, my cheer uniform, pom poms, cheer shoes, cheer bow, brushes, makeup, flat iron and a pack of hair ties.