Chapter 39: Friends Again?

November 19

Michael's POV

I slept in and missed the bus this morning. Of course Joseph yelled at me and insulted me for that. I didn't really have time to get ready to go to school fast enough so I came to school late and it's only thirty more minutes of Algebra class left.

Good. Because Ariel is my partner and I don't wanna work with her because it's awkward.

I missed those days when we used to be friends and pass notes all the time.

I miss having the nice Ariel... but is Ariel really Kaitlyn's bully?

I never see Ariel do anything to Kaitlyn before...

I walked into the silent classroom and everyone gained their focus on me. I heard a few people exchange whispering conversations as I walked to the back of the room to sit behind Ariel.

Ariel looks disappointed from the way she's sitting. She's leaned back with her arms folded and she's not doing anything, since her Algebra assignment looks full and completely done.

I wonder if the interview made her mad... if it did, then I feel sorry because I told Kaitlyn not to say anything.

I pulled out a sheet of paper out of my binder and wrote, "Are you okay?" And handed it to her.

I haven't passed notes with her in a long time. It's been since we were friends...

I watch her read it and crumple it up in her fists and throw it back to me.

Salty.

I picked the paper up from the floor and straightened the paper out so I can write.

"Look. I want you and Kaitlyn to be friends. I'm sorry that she said that stuff about you again, I told her not to do it but she did it. I just want you to be more nicer to her and stop beating her... if you're going to, since you're mad." I handed the paper back to her and she snatched it out of my hand.

"Can you please read it this time. It's important." I whispered to her.

She groaned and opened the wrinkly paper and slammed it on her desk.

I heard her sigh while aggressively writing on the paper.

After she handed the paper to me, she gathered her stuff and got up from her desk.

The students and teacher watched her as she left the classroom.

I opened the paper and it reads, "Let's talk in the hallway."

I grabbed my binder and got up from my desk, crumpling the paper in my fist and shooting it perfecting into the trash can.

"Excuse me Mr. Jackson. Where are you going?" I heard Ms. Steely's voice behind me.

Dang. Why is it always me she's picking on?

Ariel can just leave the classroom and the teacher won't care but when I leave, it's a problem.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I lied walking out the classroom and spotting Ariel standing with her back against the wall.

The door closed and I stood five feet in front of her not knowing what to say.

She looks like shes been in a rush this morning too. The baggy sweatpants, oversized hoodie and her hair is everywhere. She also look like she's been crying because of her red eyes.