Chapter 31: Love & Basketball

•Sorry that I haven't updated in 50 million years. Hope you like this. 😊

Tuesday Night

Sabrina and I walked into the empty school building about five o'clock after school for the basketball game. We're both dressed in our cheer uniforms but we didn't do our hair and makeup yet, we decided to do it at school like everybody else. Sabrina's birthday is tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it. I know it's gonna be a big birthday party, but I don't know where it's gonna be at. I really don't wanna go but I have to, Mama says so.

Sabrina rushed into the girls' dressing room beside the gym leaving me behind at the end of the hallway carrying my heavy cheer bag full of makeup, my cheer shoes and extra clothes. The hallway is empty and clean and the windows are crystal clear, showing the beautiful sun set outside and a faded rainbow from when it rained earlier. The hallway is pretty creepy when I'm all by myself because I'm used to it being all crowded.

I felt someone grab my waist and I screamed as loud as I could, making it echo through the hallways.

"Chill! It's me!" I heard a familiar voice behind me laughing.

I turn around and it's Prince dressed in his red and white basketball uniform with the word "Bryant" on the top of his shirt above the letter 3 in bold white letters.

I hit his arm harshly and fake laughed.

"That wasn't funny you jerk." I hit him again.

"You're such a scary cat." He laughs

I playfully rolled my eyes and chuckled a little bit.

"So where you going baby?" He asks grabbing my hand.

"Going to the girls' locker room to prepare for the game." I smile at him holding his hand a little tight.

"Before you go, can I show you something?" He stops in the middle of the hallway and look down at me.

"Yeah, hurry up though." I say nicely.

"Close your eyes." He says quietly.

I chuckle and shrug.

"Why?"

"Just close them." He smiles.

I closed my eyes and covered them, chuckling a little bit. He shuffles around a little bit, making me think he probably ran away but he didn't. I felt him under me and take a deep breath.

"Open." He says quietly.

I uncover my eyes and looked down at him. He's kneeling on one knee with a tiny box in his hand. My eyes widen and I cover my mouth at the sight of a diamond heart in the middle of the white cushion in the velvet red box.

 My eyes widen and I cover my mouth at the sight of a diamond heart in the middle of the white cushion in the velvet red box

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.