Chapter 21: William

I gasped and he smiles at me with his white teeth and stares at me with his glowing hazel brown eyes.

"Ariel, would you like to go to the dance with me?" He softly asked.

My smile fades and my heart races faster as he waited for me to answer. I had no idea what to say. The flowers. The chocolates. I appreciate it but- I want Michael...

He was still on one knee smiling at me. He knew that I looked very shocked. I guess he thought it was in a good way of shocked but I'm really not. He waited patiently for me to answer but I just stood there not knowing what to say.

"Ariel. I really want to go to the dance with you. I asked girls to go with me to the dance and they said no and start being mean to me. Mostly every girl is mean to me but you. You're my only female friend." He smiled. "You're so nice and sweet. You're always there for me and I would like to go with a person that was there for me when I'm in trouble. You took care of me when I got beaten up last week and I owe you a date to the dance. You're my type and to see you with another guy like Michael it breaks my heart." He spoke.

Man what should I do? Dammittt!!! Ugh. I don't know! I reallly want to go with Michael but Prince wants to go with me.

My cheeks start to hurt and my breathing slowed down.

"P-Prince. I-" I hesitated.

He smiled waiting for my answer.

Just say no. Okay? But he looks so happy! I don't wanna hurt his feelings!

Just say it...

"I- I can't. Sorry."

He frowned.

"Why not?" His voice sounds hurt.

"B-because. I already have a date." I lied looking down.

I didn't want to hurt his feelings but it looks like I already did. I didn't want to tell the truth because that'll hurt him more.

He took a deep breath and looked down.

"W-ith who?" His voice was quiet.

"Michael." I lied.

He squeezed his eyes shut and stood up slowly.

"I-I'm sorry Prince." I put my hand on his shoulder. "We can probably go next time."

"Yeah." He mumbled looking down.

I feel so wrong doing this to him but I had to.

I walked outside and hugged him tightly as he rested his chin on the top of my head.

He look so down I just had to.

I heard him take a deep shaky breath, it sounded like he wanted to cry. Our hug was warm and silent.

We haven't hugged like this in ages. I kinda forgot how his hugs are. It's warm and tight and sometimes he would play with my hair but he's not.

"I'm sorry Prince." I apologized again still holding him.

"Can I tell you something?" He whispered.

"Yeah."

He sighed and pulled me closer to him.