Chapter Ten

Courtney slowly lowered herself into the hotsprings just outside of the Pokémon Center. There were several there, most of them filled with elderly folks and other younger people as well. She had a long day of training and needed something to release the tension she felt and ease the pain. She sighed in relief as she eased more into her own spring that was large enough for just her.

She closed her eyes and cooed at the pleasure enducing feeling against her bare skin. As she relaxed, her mind began to wander and for some reason, Brendan's face intruded her thoughts, causing more than the steam of the spring to get her face hot. Her eyes popped and she shook her head vigorously at what went through her mind.

Analyzing thought process...too much research, too much research, too much research! Courtney thought, trying to calm herself down.

As she cooled her jets, she closed her eyes again to relax. She did ponder, however, what actually meeting him would be like. Would he find her awkward? Weird? Odd for studying him like notes for an exam? She couldn't help it though. From his odd white hat to his brilliant hazel irises, he was an intriguing and dare she think...beautiful specimen of a human being? Oh Arceus what was she thinking!?
_______________________________________

Back in Dewford Town, the battle between May and Brawly raged on. Shroomish and Machop had fought to a standstill with Machop Paralyzed and Shroomish running out of steam. Machop panted heavily and clenched his fists. Shroomish straightened up and stared expectantly at Machop, nearly out of breath.

"Let's try to wrap this up, use Ice Punch!"

"Seed Bomb, Shroomish!" May counterattacked.

Machop dashed forward, his movements sluggish compared to before, and thrust his fist with all his might, right into the Seed Bomb filled mouth of Shroomish. The resulting detonation ended up knocking both contenders out of the fight.

"Both Pokémon are unable to battle. Therefore it is a draw!" Said the judge as his hand went up.

At least it didn't happen at the end of the match. That would have been awful, May sighed in relief, returning Shroomish.

"Alright May, it's time for the final showdown! You ready?" Brawly asked as he reached for Hariyama's ball and fired it onto the sand.

The behemoth of a sumo Pokémon slammed onto the sand and assumed a combative stance.

"Here goes nothing. Torchic, it's your turn!" May called.

The little fire chick burst out of his ball and looked up at his opponent. His eyes went wide as he noticed the size difference. Hariyama could flatten him with one hand! But now was not the time to be thinking about that. May needed him.

"Begin!"

"Torchic, use Ember!"

"Hariyama, counter with Arm Thrust!"

Torchic opened his beak and let loose a burst of flames that spread out towards Hariyama. The massive sumo didn't bother moving aside and simply thrust out his hands. The attack connected with little effect, causing Torchic go panic a bit.

Well that didn't work. Hmm...maybe I should take another approach. May mused. "Torchic, Quick Attack!"

Torchic was off like a shot towards Hariyama who merely stood there in wait. Just then, he tensed his stomach muscles and allowed Torchic to ram him. Torchic was dazed from the impact and stumbled a little.

"Hariyama, use Arm Thrust!" Brawly ordered.

The giant hands began slamming into Torchic, each strike as painful as before. Torchic hit the ground and got up painfully slow.