Chapter Thirty-One

Brendan and May left Wattson's apartment and walked down the path leading to the staircase. There were several other apartments on the floor as this was the retirement section of Mauville. The other side had apartments as well. The whole layout of Mauville was incredible. It was like being inside a fortress.

"So," May began. "If I remember correctly, Feebas evolves into Milotic right?"

"Yeah. It does. It's a pain though, considering they are not exactly battle ready Pokémon. I don't even know what moves this will know when it hatches. It was bred, so it won't know the basic stuff," Brendan replied.

"That's true. But it will be well worth it when you finally do evolve it. And I can help you with that!" May beamed.

"Oh?" Brendan canted his head in curiosity.

May stopped walking and rummaged through her bag to pull out a blue, square item. It jiggled slightly as Brendan poked it.

"Wait, I've heard of those things. They're pokéblocks right?" Brendan inquired.

"You guessed it. See, there are two ways for Milotic to evolve. But you probably know that already so I won't go into too much detail. Anyway, Prism Scales are difficult to find. And it's a pain. However the other way is by making the ugly looking fish look pretty. Basically, feeding it a ton of blue pokéblocks. With enough nurture and care, it will evolve," May explained.

"I see. I knew most of that. So, does this mean you will help me?" Brendan asked.

"Yep! I want to see Milotic too. They are so pretty up close," May said gleefully.

"They certainly are. Wallace has one if memory serves me right," Brendan responded.

"Yep, and he's a huge contest star, just like his niece, Lisia!" May chirped.

Brendan knew that as well. Wallace was actually a well knew judge and was also the leader of Sootopolis City Gym. He was a powerful trainer indeed. The duo soon exited the city and followed the instructions given to them by Wattson.
_______________________________________

Shelly kicked her feet up on the table as she sat in her office. It had been a long day and she had one more thing to take care of before the day was over. She heard someone knock.

"Come in."

In walked a young man by the name of Seth. A smirk played on Shelly's lips as she motioned for him to sit.

"You wanted to see me ma'am? He asked, sitting up straight and looking into her face.

"As a matter of fact, yes. I have a job for you," she said, holding up a picture of a man in a Magma uniform. Miles.

"This man has been causing quite a stir as of late. He's also quite skilled. One of our operatives managed to get a picture before he pulled his usual stunt," Shelly grinned.

"Is he my target? Seth asked with a raised brow.

"Yes, but there's one more," Shelly continued. She pulled up something on her computer screen and turned it around to reveal none other than Brendan.

"Ah. The hotshot who's meddled with us a few times," Seth added.

"Yes, and it seems like he may be in league with Team Magma. At the museum, a familiar haze was used, followed by Brendan running a muck in the place. That's too coincidental if you ask me," Shelly added.

"I agree. Let me guess, you want me to keep an eye out for him?"

"That and take him out if you come across him. He will most likely try to ruin our plans if we don't do something about it. But first, stick to finding your first target. As of right now, he's a bit more of an issue. Dismissed," Shelly waved him out.