Chapter Fifty-Six

Captain Stern stood proudly before his newest accomplishment. The Submarine Explorer One was finally complete. After years of drawing out plans and several months of construction, the submarine was ready. Now, the depths of the ocean could be explored and its secrets could be unearthed.

"We've finally done it people," Stern declared as the last bolt was put into place.

He looked over his creation and reached up to run a hand along the letters painted on.

"Why don't we all call it a day? I have an interview in an hour with Gabby and Ty. I am sure they will be elated to hear that the project is complete," Stern stated.

The workers all seemed to be in agreement. It had been a hard week, but it was worth it.
_______________________________________

"Miles...how's your team doing?" Courtney questioned.

Miles adjusted his hood and spoke up.

"We're closing in on Lilycove. No sign of any Aqua just yet. I have no doubt they're out searching for us too. At this stage in the game, they're liable to be more cautious."

"That's what I thought. They're all going to hide. The only question is...where?" Courtney responded.

"I have a hunch...but I'm not too sure about it. Why don't you check on your lover and his progress?" Miles snickered.

"Sure, make sure you say hello to yours while you're kicking her arse," Courtney shot back with a grin.

"Well played," Miles laughed.

Courtney rolled her eyes. I swear, he's like a little brother.

She sighed as she turned the TV on and flipped through the channels. She was about to change it again when the news popped up. Courtney stopped and set the remote down. Gabby and Ty were interviewing Captain Stern.
_______________________________________

"Captain Stern, now that you have completed the submarine, what do you plan to do with it?" Gabby asked, holding the mic out to him as she spoke.

"Good question Gabby. As many of you all know, life depends on the ocean. Many Pokémon depend on it as a source of life and as a dwelling place. There are hundreds of discoveries yet to be made and we who are on land cannot see them all. With the aide of the Submarine Explorer One, I plan to unravel the mysteries of the deep," Captain Stern replied.

"That sounds exciting! I've always wondered what else was buried deep beneath the ocean floor. Now we should be able to find out!" Gabby squealed.

Gabby was about to ask another question when a loud screeching noise interrupted the segment.

"Ahem! Testing...testing one two...aha! Here we go. Sorry about that folks! Anyway, what a lovely speech you made there Captain! It really moved me to the core. And you know what? To show ya just how much yer little speech means to us, we'll be takin' yer lovely submarine and givin' ye a jump-start on yer exploration of the sea, BWAHAHA!" Archie laughed from within the harbor.

Courtney watched with wide eyes. They weren't hiding now. Courtney immediately began to page her entire team.

"Team Aqua is in Slateport City! Miles, stay your course, Brendan get moving!" Courtney commanded.
_______________________________________

Brendan heard Courtney over his earpiece.

I take it we are needed? Latias smiled.

"Yep, and we need to move fast. Team Aqua has made their move and we have to catch them before they can get away," Brendan replied.