Chapter Seventy

It had been a few days since May's victory celebration. The press was on her faster than she could process, with a bombardment of inquiries that made her head spin. After that craziness had settled down, the real celebration could begin. If there was one thing May knew about Lisia, it was that she knew how to throw a party.

She relaxed in her room, looking over at the Ribbon Cup that was on display. A sense of pride washed over her as she marveled at the sight. Happy didn't even begin to describe how she felt since winning. She looked over at the six Pokémon resting in their balls on the shelf on either side of the cup.

I couldn't have done it without you guys. And now...come tomorrow, we have another challenge ahead of us. The Hoenn League in Ever Grande City. We've spent a lot of time training together, and now we're going to put all of that to the ultimate test! Look out Ever Grande! Here comes May!
_______________________________________

Brendan flopped down on the ground after a long battle with Courtney. He'd finally managed to defeat her after months of trying. Sceptile mimicked his trainer and dispersed his Mega form to conserve energy. Brendan wiped the sweat from his brow as he looked up at the sky. Courtney smiled and sauntered towards him. She stood over him with a grin on her face and lowered herself down to sit on his lap as he sat up.

"Good work, you got me," Courtney beamed, cupping his face and kissing him softly on the lips.

Brendan pressed his lips against hers while caressing her back. Courtney lingered a bit longer before pulling back and caressing his face.

"So," she began, her fingers trailing up his chest in a playful manner, "how shall we celebrate this occasion?"

Brendan took a minute to catch his breath.

"Hmm...you know? There is a place in Lilycove's Resort that has some great-"

Courtney cut him off, pressing her lips firmly against his. She pulled back and purred in his ear.

"That sounds fantastic. If we're going there, we need to dress up since it's rather high class. They don't just let anyone in. Then again...Maxie and I have some pull there. I think we will be just fine," Courtney grinned.

"Then we'd better get ready," Brendan replied with a chuckle.
_______________________________________

Katrina looked out from her sister's home towards Hoenn. In a few hours she would be departing for the League. After a few long months of training, three to be exact, she was finally ready. She looked down at the League schedule to see the time for the opening ceremony. She had already pre-registered so she didn't need to worry about it.

Cynthia walked up beside Katrina and placed a hand on her younger half's shoulder.

"You seem excited. It's been a while since that look entered your eyes," Cynthia stated with a smirk.

"Oh I am excited sis. There are some strong opponents out there. I look forward to every battle," Katrina replied.

"I know there are two in particular that you really want to fight. How much stronger do you think they are now?" Cynthia inquired.

"Oh I bet they are lightyears ahead of where they were before. Knowing that, makes me even more thrilled," Katrina responded, grinning like a loon at the thought of a good challenge.

"I'll make sure to be there for your debut," Cynthia stated, earning a bright smile from Katrina.

"You mean it, sis!?" Katrina exclaimed, her eyes sparkling as she looked at her elder sister.

"Of course, that's what sisters do, right? There's no way I would miss it," Cynthia beamed.
_______________________________________

Time wiped his brow as he finished packing for his stay in Ever Grande City. It was finally time. All of his efforts were had paid off and he was ready. The door opened in the room to reveal Lucia in her uniform for work.