Chapter Thirty-Three

Brendan stared at the paper in his hand. It was eight in the morning and yet it felt so much earlier. It was as if he had gotten no sleep. The paper had a strange address on it.

Tonight was curious indeed. I must admit that I enjoyed our little date. I am hoping that you liked our little evening and are wondering when we will meet again. I certainly am. As you may already have figured out, I'm a busy woman, so you won't see me too often. However, I will clue you in on a little secret. I have a little place that I like to go in order to remove myself from the world for a while. No. It isn't our little Café.

If you feel brave enough, come to the Jagged Pass and search the crevices. Your reward will be worth the frustration. Trust me.

-Ciao

Courtney♡

Brendan furrowed his brows at the note. The Jagged Pass? Isn't that on the side of Mount Chimney? It's a pretty treacherous path. She's more hardcore than I thought.

Brendan studied the note a little more before folding it up. He set it on the side table by his bed and slipped on his shoes. He had been up since dawn. He was training his team for the next gym battle. He would be up against Fire-types, and that was going to be rough. Fortunately, his Sandslash had a few new tricks added to his arsenal. He was quite prepared.

The ringing of his gear caught Brendan's attention. He took it off the table and saw that it was May.

"Hey May," he answered casually.

"Well good morning early bird!" May replied cheerfully.

Brendan rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Heard me training eh?"

"Yep. You got up earrrly. I was a little surprised. So. What would you say if I told you I have a few pokéblocks made for you?" May asked curiously.

Brendan, glancing over at the incubator, noticed the egg was twitching a bit. Eyes widening, he picked it up, along with his bag and headed to the door.

"I'd say, where are you? And be right there!" Brendan said as he exited his room.

May chuckled as she heard the excitement in Brendan's voice.

"I'm in the lobby. Meet me there," she responded before hanging up.
_______________________________________

May sat in the lobby while enjoying a nice breakfast. It consisted of Rawst Berry cream cheese filled pancakes that were topped with whippped cream. She wore a blue tank top and black capris and a pair of black and white shoes. She paused mid-bite as she saw Brendan walking over to her table.

"Hey!" May greeted as she stuffed her mouth with a fork full of pancake.

Brendan quickly set the incubator down and opened it. He took out the twitching egg and set it down. May's eyes lit up.

"Oh my Arceus it's hatching!" May exclaimed.

"I know and we need to get it to some water. I don't think that Feebas will appreciate hatching on the table," Brendan replied.

May thought for a moment before an idea hit her.

"There's a fountain just outside!" She said excitedly, her eyes shifting to the egg as a crack appeared.

Brendan and May got up from the table and made a beeline for the door and the fountain. The egg shook more as they hurried, pieces of it breaking off in the process. The two made it to the fountain and set it on the edge. Another piece of the shell broke off. Brendan raised a brow. He could see the scales start to show as Feebas hatched. They were lilac in coloration while some were a deeper shade.