Chapter Fifty-Two

Miles descended into Lavaridge Town and dismounted Flygon. He had been the recipient of a note which instructed him to meet at the springs. He had a good feeling he knew who it was, considering the note began with "Dear Magma Mutt." He returned his faithful dragon and headed for the Pokémon Center to change. Afterwards, he walked outside to the springs.

There were various pools, but one in particular had two women sitting in it. One of them was recognizable, the other wasn't. This woman had short, black hair and red eyes of all things. Across from her sat Shelly who smirked at his arrival.

"About time you showed. I was beginning to think you'd get squeamish and flake out," Shelly grinned.

Miles rolled his eyes.

"Already thunder-"

"If you even finish that sentence, I will personally see to it that having children is impossible for you," She hissed.

Miles chuckled at the venom in her voice.

"Easy there momma Sharpedo, no need to get testy," Miles retorted, sinking into the springs.

Shelly huffed and crossed her arms. The other woman snickered. "Magma Mutt..."

"Shelly, when you said that you invited someone, you didn't mention that they were as snarky as you," she laughed.

"You think I'm snarky? How rude Zinnia," Shelly shot back.

"She's got a point. You snap worse than a Snorlax being woken up by a Poké Flute. It's kinda funny," Miles grinned.

Shelly frowned. "So I've got a sharp tongue? You didn't seem to have a problem with it a few days ago," Shelly smirked.

"Touché," Miles replied.

Zinnia blinked.

"Wait a minute," Zinnia interrupted. "You mean...you boinked him?" She finished, pointing at Shelly who glared at her.

"And you didn't invite me? I feel insulted," Zinnia fake pouted.

"I will kill you Zinnia," Shelly grumbled.

"Relax! I'm just Muking with you. Don't get your underwear in a twist," Zinnia laughed.

Miles held in a laugh as he watched the two. Zinnia seemed to be a fun individual. She was able to push Shelly's buttons without trying too hard. He assumed she was also Aqua due to the discarded suit behind her. It was then that he came to a sudden realization. Both of them had nothing on. He suddenly felt the need to slap himself in the face.

"So, Shelly...what did you need me for?" Miles queried.

Shelly glanced back over at him and then looked him over. It soon became evident as to what she invited him there for.
_______________________________________

Derrick walked off the stage after his victory. It was a fairly difficult fight for him, but he managed. He was determined to face May and with their points tied, he wanted to pull ahead. He knew that it was going to be tricky considering May's combination. Her Blaziken was going to give him the most trouble. He needed to find a way around that issue. He had about a half hour to prepare a fairly decent strategy.

There was so much he needed to consider. And so little time to do it. He walked backstage to find May in the lounge with her chin in her hands and elbows on the table. She seemed to be deep in thought. She must have been thinking the same thing he was.

Their eyes met and a smile tugged at their lips. Derrick strode on out to the Pokémon Center to get his duo ready for the finale. May watched him leave and then stood up.