Chapter Sixty-Five

An hour went by before May was able to take to the stage. She had been watching the other performances take place. Derrick had done a fantastic job with his opening act with his Froslass.  Now it was time for May and Pikachu to head to the stage and give the audience a show.
_______________________________________

In the audience, May's parents had just made it before May went on stage. The two sat in the row Brendan and Courtney were seated in and sighed in relief.

"May hasn't gone on yet has she?" Mrs. Maple asked nervously.

Brendan shook his head. "Nope. She has yet to go on. I'm not sure which number she is though."

Norman nodded and leaned back. "If I remember correctly, there are one hundred and twenty eight Coordinators in this stadium. She could be pretty far down the list if she hasn't gone yet."

"That could take a while," Courtney added, turning her attention to the stage as the performaning Coordinator exited the stage.

"That was pretty decent. Masquerain's Signal Beam was pretty well executed," Brendan pointed out as the crowd clapped for the Coordinator.

"Will May Maple please come to the stage?" Contesta called out.

"Here we go," Brendan stated.
_______________________________________

This is it, though May as she reached out to part the curtain. I just have to do my best!

May was greeted by an applause as well as cheering from her apparent fanbase. Her eyes darted around the stadium and found their way to her family and friends. Breathing a relieved sigh, she dawned a smile and faced the judges.

"Pikachu, the stage is yours!" May called out, tossing Pikachu's ball high into the air.

Flashes of lighting erupted from the ball as the electric mouse exploded from it using a combination of Magnet Rise and Volt Tackle. Pikachu settled down and stood beside her trainer. The judges immediately went to work on judging the entrance. May, knowing she didn't have but a few minutes on stage, acted fast.

"Magnet Rise!" May commanded.

Pikachu lowered herself and channeled the power of electricity through her tiny frame. Sparks flew from her cheeks and soon a current of electricity was transferred to May's shoes. Suddenly, May began to lift off of the ground and rise high into the air.
_______________________________________

"May never does anything halfway does she?" Norman stated as he observed his now levitating daughter.

"Not really. Then again, you saw her first contest. I'm quite certain some feared that the hall would burn down," his wife replied.

"She certainly does take risks though. Magnet Rise has a limit to it. It also has to be carefully done or there could be some serious backlash," Courtney interjected.

"I don't believe we've met. Are you a friend of May and Brendan?" Mrs. Maple asked curiously.

Courtney smirked and took Brendan's hand. "Well, you're half right. Brendan and I are a bit more than friends," Courtney replied, placing a swift kiss on Brendan's cheek, causing a smile to cross his features.

"I see. Well it's nice to meet you...?"

"Courtney. And it's nice to meet you both as well," Courtney replied in a respectful manner.

Brendan smiled as Courtney interacted with May's family. It seemed as though she had really brightened up since he met her. Before, she seemed closed off. Now she wasn't too afraid to talk to people.