Chapter Twenty

Lisia walked out of her room in the Slateport City Hotel and walked down the hall to the room she had paid for May. It was a top notch room with furnishings and a hot tub. Lisia knocked on the door and May answered.

"May!"

"Lisia"

The two hugged each other and then pulled apart.

"Ready for tomorrow?" Lisia asked excitedly.

"I sure am!" May exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Super! I just came by to see if you wanted to go for a walk or hang out," Lisia said with a bright smile.

"Of course!" May answered. "Let me get my shoes, give me one sec!"
_______________________________________

Brendan stood on the outskirts of Mauville training his team for the next badge. Sandslash squared off against Grovyle to be able to better guard against Grass-types. Leaf Blade and X-Scissor clashed as the two met, causing a standoff before they broke apart.

Skarmory duked it out with Poochyena and Growlithe with Poochyena using mainly his Thunder Fang. The more electric attacks that were used, the more she would know, and in turn, learn how to deal with them.

"Looking good you guys, keep it up!" Brendan coached. "Watch your six Skarmory, Flamethrower incoming! Grovyle, Sandslash, keep that speed going!"

His Pokémon followed his instruction without question. After a while, the spars were stopped and they all took a break to be healed.

"I think that's it for today. We've been at this since noon and I'm hungry. And I know you guys are too. So why don't we call it a day and head back and eat?" Brendan suggested.

All of them were in agreement. Brendan returned his team and headed back to the Pokémon Center to grab a little snack before treating himself to Crooner's Café. He needed to shower and get ready first however. He had been in the desert and trained nonstop. After he fed his team and returned them, he headed to the room to get ready.
_______________________________________

Courtney slipped out of the shower and walked into her room, dropping the towel with no shame whatsoever. The door was locked so she wasn't worried. She slid into her evening attire she'd picked for herself. It was a black dress with thin, vertical lavender stripes that paused a bit above the knee. She slid her legs into black stockings that rose to the knee, leaving some of her cream colored skin exposed. She loosened a few buttons to let her chest breathe a bit.

She slipped on her lavender boots and placed a matching black fedora with a lilac stripe across its front on her head. With that out of the way, she grabbed her purse and team, placing them in her purse, and headed to the café.
_______________________________________

Brendan stepped into the Crooner's Café and heaved a sigh. He had completed the day's training and had a few hours to kill before heading back to Slateport. He made a mental note not to get sidetracked this time. Even if Steven himself wanted a battle, he would keep moving.

Oh who the hell was he kidding? He would take Steven on. He'd probably lose but it would be fun. That was an opportunity that he would find hard to pass up. It was rather busy that night, considering there were only a few seats available. Brendan made his way to the cashier and looked up at the menu.

"Dude, welcome back!" The counter guy exclaimed.

"Thanks," Brendan paused, looking at the name tag since he didn't do that last time, "Mike."

"So, what's it gonna be? We've got some killer steaks tonight. You could have some fries with it too!" Mike recommend.

"That actually sounds good, make mine a medium rare steak with an extra mound of fries. I'm super hungry. Oh and a Razz Berry Pop," Brendan chuckled.