Chapter Thirty-Five

Brendan skidded to a halt in front of the Fiery Path. He reached down and stroked Arcanine behind his ear, getting an approving growl.

"Just through here is the route to Fallarbor Town. Wanna take a break? Or can you make it the rest of the way?" Brendan asked his friend.

As if by answer, Arcanine stomped the ground with his front right paw, and pointed his nose towards the path.

"You really do live up to what's said about you, don't you?" Brendan laughed, lightly kicking Arcanine's sides to get him going.
_______________________________________

Fallarbor Town, although extremely close to the majestic Mount Chimney, was a small, thriving community of farmers. Despite the conditions, there was rich foliage that grew near the town. Ot was a hot place, but the inhabitants seemed to adapt well. Just off to the west, many fishermen gathered by the stream.

In the small town, a certain Professor Cozmo resides. Preparing to finally unearth his latest discovery, he grabs his tools and steps out of his room. His wife sat in the living room, reading quietly.

"I'm off honey," Cozmo said with a broad smile.

His wife looked up and smiled. She bookmarked her spot and stood up to embrace and kiss her husband.

"Don't be too long love. Remember we are going to try again tonight," she said with a smile, her cheeks tinting as she spoke.

"I remember dear. Which is why I am going to hurry so that I can be home early," the Professor replied with a grin.

"Oh please do!" His wife said happily.

Cozmo waved as he opened the door. The moment he stepped outside, a hand was placed over his mouth and he was yanked aside. His wife's eyes widened in panic. She rushed outside to see her husband struggling as he was tied up.

"Cozmo!" She exclaimed, running to him only to be blocked by a man wearing similar clothing.

"Sorry 'bout this. But we be needin' the Professor for some business," a man wearing a black bandanna and a blue and white striped shirt declared.

"What are you going to do with him!?" Cozmo's wife asked desperately.

"Relax, he's just going to help us with a little project and then we will be on our way," A woman in a wetsuit stated as she walked up behind the group.

"Ready to head out Commander Shelly," a Grunt stated.

"Right, let's shove off, mates!" Shelly ordered.

As the Professor was being hauled away, a thick fog suddenly covered the area. Through the fog, a black shadow could be seen. The cape of the shadow could be seen rustling, the sharp edges of it giving away the fact that it belonged to a certain group. The two Grunts took a step back as they saw the silhouette of a strange Pokémon within the fog.

It was the shape of a chandelier and was ablaze with an eerie fire. Two haunting eyes could be seen. The Grunts released their Mightyena to defend. They seemed panicked. Shelly frowned as she saw the figure. She knew exactly who it was, and deep down, he scared the hell out of her.

"So...you decided to show yourself huh? It's just like you Magma morons to try and get in our way," Shelly scowled.

"On the contrary. It is you, who is in my way," the figure stated.

He snapped his fingers and two powerful streams of violet flames erupted from the haze, laying both Mightyena out flat.

"Now, we can either do this the easy way, or the hard way," Miles grinned.