Chapter Eighty

The atmosphere seemed more tense as Tim and Katrina prepared to face off against each other. Both combatants were highly watched trainers and nearly everyone was trying to guess who would win this match. The judge looked between the two combatants and spoke.

"This will be just like the previous match. Six Pokémon a side with a short break after three of either side's Pokémon have gone down, to switch arenas. We will start with a grass field!" The ref boomed as he stood in the midst of a meadow-like field. "Trainers, send out your first Pokémon!"

"Aggron, time for battle!" Tim belted out, releasing his armored beast into the fray.

"Magmortar, battle station!" Katrina called out.

The fire cannon Pokémon erupted onto the field and faced the towering wall of steel that was his opponent.

"I've been waiting a long time for this. I admit, I was pretty jealous that Brendan got to battle you before I did," Tim said with a laugh.

Katrina smirked and placed a hand on her hip. "Why didn't you later on? You had plenty of opportunities to do so," Katrina retorted.

Tim shrugged. "I guess I wanted to wait. And boy was it worth it. Just look where we are!" Tim grinned.

"Indeed, this is the ideal place to duke it out isn't it?" Katrina smirked. "Shall we?"

Tim gave her a nod and readied himself.

"You may begin!" Declared the judge.

"Here we go! Aggron, Earthquake, let's go!" Tim commanded.

"Protect!" Katrina deflected.

Aggron roared viciously before slamming his tail hard on the ground, causing the entire arena to tremble under his power. Magmortar, acting quickly, surrounded himself in a protective barrier that took the brunt of the attack, weakening the effects until the quaking stopped. This did little to halt a now rampaging Aggron who charged forward and swung a tail covered in aquatic energy. Magmortar stumbled back from the force of the blow after throwing up his arms to soften the assault.

"Stone Edge!" Tim pressed the assault.

"Flamethrower!" Katrina countered

Massive stones materialized around Aggron's frame, circling him before being launched at high speeds towards his foe. Magmortar retracted his claws and revealed the cannons he had hidden beneath and powered up, firing off a stream of hot flames towards the stones, eradicating them upon contact. Magmortar then raced forward and delivered a swift Mach Punch that nearly toppled Aggron had he not braced himself at the right time. Aggron rounded on Magmortar and swept him aside with his iron coated tail.

"Fire Blast!" Katrina called out.

"Aqua Tail!" Tim countered.

Magmortar loosed a blast of superheated flames that were swept aside by the explosive power of Aggron's Aqua Tail, bathing the arena in steam. Aggron stomped the ground hard with his feet and shook it violently in hopes of flushing out Magmortar. The fire cannon Pokémon had leapt high into the air the moment it heard Aggron's foot hit the ground. A bright orb of golden light shone within the cannons. Magmortar shot a Focus Blast at point blank range. A deafening boom echoed through the arena as something heavy slammed into the ground.

"Aggron is unable to battle! Magmortar wins!" The judge declared.

Tim returned Aggron with a chuckle. "I figured as much...I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from that Magmortar," Tim smirked, reaching for his next Pokémon. "But you're not the only one with tricks like that up their sleeve," Tim grinned. "Cacturne, let's fight!"