Chapter Forty-Five

Brendan stood before the female counterpart of Latios. She stood in a human form with long scarlet hair, and golden eyes. She wore a white frilly sleeveless top with a blue scarf, and a red skirt with long white socks and red shoes. Around her neck was a stone that could only be recognized as a Mega Stone. Latios had one as well.

The blue Eon Twin transformed into his human form and stood by his sister.

I was wondering when you'd return. I was growing bored! Latias stated, crossing her arms over her breasts and pouting.

I know. I'm surprised you didn't get yourself into trouble like usual, Latios replied cooly.

Latias huffed and glanced towards Steven and Brendan, a smile gracing her features.

Hey there my friends, thank you for coming, she voiced warmly.

"It's no trouble at all. Latios told me you were in a bit of a predicament, so I brought reinforcements," Steven pointed to Brendan.

I see. I can sense he has a strong team and a strong bond as well. But even still, a powerful enemy approaches. They've breeched the barrier and are converging on our location as we speak, Latias stated with a worried expression.

"We saw. The real question is, why are they here?" Brendan asked.

The Eon Twins took hold of their respective Mega Stones. We have one theory, Latios stated.

Brendan and Steven exchanged glances. Both of them could Mega Evolve. With that kind of power, it would be hard to pass up an opportunity to capture them for whatever purpose one might have.
______________________________________

"Alright you lot! Ye be knowin' why we're here! There be two treasures on this island, and we won't be leavin' empty-handed! Spread out and search!" Matt thundered.

"Aye, aye!" The Aqua crew bellowed in return.

"Seth, I want you to search from the skies. Those two dragons could to run for it. We need to get this done quickly," Shelly ordered, getting a salute from Seth in return.

"Understood, Commander Shelly," Seth replied with a grin.

He tossed a ball into the air and released an enormous dragonfly-like Pokémon. Seth mounted the creature and buzzed off into the sky. Matt and his assault team took the north side of the island while Shelly remained where she was. With a sigh she started to walk off. She didn't get but a few steps in before a thick haze clouded her vision. She clenched her fists and stopped dead in her tracks.

"I'm beginning to think you were hoping to run into me. Either that or you really love leaving yourself unguarded," Miles laughed.

"You know...there's only one thing keeping me from tearing you in half. One of you running around is enough," Shelly spat.

"Right, because one of me is difficult, two of me would be unfair," Miles snickered.

"Someone's narcissistic," Shelly retorted.

"Thank you for the compliment. I never realized that you thought so highly of me," Miles retorted.

"You know. It's not that I hate you or anything, but I often fantasize about you being mauled by Sharpedo while chained to sinking boulder," Shelly said with a smile that feigned innocent.

"Now, now, flirting isn't going to make this situation any different. Action will," Miles stated as he waited for Shelly to release her first teammate.

"I've been waiting to finish this battle anyway. Flattening you will do wonders for my stress levels!" Shelly retorted as she snapped off Kingdra's ball and sent the dragon into battle.
______________________________________