Chapter Sixty-Seven

The competition was getting fierce as every Coordinator performed to the best of their ability. Chaz had done a remarkable job with his Machoke's performance. The crowd cheered them on as they took a bow. The blond stepped off the stage and headed for the lounge.

"Wasn't that incredible folks? The way his Machoke moved was truly a remarkable sight indeed. How about another round of applause for Chaz!?" Contesta called out.

There was a short encore of applause.
_______________________________________

May stood by the door as Chaz walked in. She had to admit, he was pretty good. His Machoke was impressive to say the least. And as much as she hated to admit it, he was going to be tough to beat.

"Nice work out there Chaz," May stated, causing him to stop and turn to face her.

"Well, I suppose it was. The crowd did love me as you probably saw. And as much as it pains me to say this, you may get the same reaction," Chaz stated flatly.

May blinked. Did he just pay me a compliment?

"I'm surprised, Chaz. I wasn't expecting you to be nice all of a sudden," May replied with a smirk.

"Don't get used to it. I tolerate you at best. We may have our differences, and I may not like you that much, but I can respect you as a fellow Coordinator. That and...Lisia requested that I be a bit nicer to you," Chaz admitted.

"Are you sure that's not the only reason?" May grinned.

"And just what are you on about?" Chaz inquired with a raised brow.

"Come now Chaz, don't be coy. I know for a fact that you totally like Lisia. Oddly enough, she seems to suspect it too," May smiled wickedly.

"You wouldn't dare-"

"Relax Chaz, that's not really my business. However, word of advice from someone actually in a relationship, stop being a prick and straighten up a little. Lose the rich boy act and stop being a pompous wind bag. Then maybe, just maybe, she'll be more inclined to hang out with you more. Maybe even date you," May prattled on.

"I...uh-"

"Listen Chaz. Believe it or not, there's a part of you Lisia likes, but it's hidden under your ego. Drop it and then see what happens, are we clear?" May asked.

"R-really? I mean, does she?" Chaz inquired further.

"Oh for Arceus sake. She told me how you used to be. How you never gave a Muk about fame and just wanted to have some Arceus darned fun! So, just think about that for a while. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm up next," May finished, walking past him to the stage entrance.

"Hey...May?" Chaz began.

"Yes, Chaz?" May replied.

"Thanks...and good luck," Chaz replied, giving her a thumbs up.

May smiled softly and returned the gesture.
_______________________________________

"Ladies and gentlemen. Please welcome to the stage, May Maple!" Contesta announced.

May inhaled deep and exhaled as she prepped her entry. "Thunder Road," she commanded.

Pikachu hopped down as the curtains rose and began building up electricity. Two electrical currents shot out of her cheeks and raced across the stage, forming a runway of sorts.

Okay May, time to put on your game face. We wanna get through to the finals!

May swaggered down the electrical runway with Pikachu hovering off a Magnet Rise around her. Pikachu remained off the ground, controlling her currents so as to maintain her hovering status.