Chapter Sixty-Two

It had been three weeks since Brendan completed his badge hunting. Brendan had decided to take a little time to relax. He got to see May take on Winona and go on to win the badge. She even tied in another contest that same week while later going on to defeat Tate and Liza to gain her seventh badge a week later. During that time, he and Courtney got to spend some well deserved quality time together.

With a few months until the League began, Brendan took the time to catch up with his family. After much convincing, Courtney agreed to meet his parents. Albeit she was very forward with Brendan, she was a bit shy when it came to this sort of thing.

This is so nerve-wracking. I mean...what do I say? Hi, I'm Courtney. I f*cked your son, hope you don't mind! Yeah...that'll go over real well. Get ahold of yourself Courtney. Have some dignity!

Feeling Brendan take her hand, she took a deep breath and exhaled. A feeling of calm washed over her. There was always something about him that took all her stress away. Brendan reached for the door and opened it.

Courtney and Brendan stepped inside and were greeted by his parents.

"Welcome home!" They exclaimed, embracing their son tightly.

"Hey mom, hey dad," Brendan greeted with a grin.

"It's so good to have you home again!" his mother exclaimed.

"We're very proud of you son. Now, would you mind introducing us to this lovely young lady?" Professor Birch inquired, gesturing to Courtney who blushed slightly.

Brendan smiled softly and took Courtney by the hand. "This is Courtney. I met her in Mauville City at the Crooner's Café."

"Is that so? How far back?" Mrs. Birch queried.

"Right before I got my third badge. We met up several other times after that during the Food Court Tournament," Brendan replied.

"I see. Courtney, has my Brendan been treating you like a gentleman?" Mrs. Birch inquired seriously.

"Thus far? Yes. He's been raised well," Courtney admitted.

A smile broke out over Mrs. Birch's face at this news. All of his life Brendan was brought up to be a respectful young man. She was happy to see that hers and her husband's efforts were not in vain.

"That pleases me very much. I had always hoped he would find a suitable woman and so far, you have exceeded my expectations," Mrs. Birch said with a slight chuckle.

"That's good to know," Courtney replied.

At least they like me. I think...

Brendan cleared his throat and reached for his badge case.

"So, I have all eight, and the League is a few months away. I'll probably be here for a week or so and then I'll be out training. But before I do that," Brendan paused, taking the two Poké Balls on his necklace, he enlarged them. "I have two Pokémon I know you will want to study. I've already talked it over with them and they're fine with it."

Professor Birch blinked as the balls opened. When the light faded, his jaw nearly hit the floor. Before him were the Eon Twins. He could hardly believe his eyes.

"Mom, dad, meet Latios and Latias. I met them a while back and we have been traveling together for a while. They have helped me get around a lot. They've agreed to let you study them for a while," Brendan stated with a smile.
_______________________________________

May sat down inside of the Sootopolis City Pokémon Center. She had just arrived and was exhausted from the trip over. Thankfully, her Wailmer evolved into Wailord, making her trip much smoother.