Chapter Forty-Three

Brendan stepped out of the Pokémon Center the next morning and stretched. He had picked up his team from the night treatment and was now ready for takeoff. He reached into his bag and took out his badge case and opened it. Five badges gleamed in the light of the morning sun.

Just three more. That's all I need, Brendan thought as he closed the case and put it away.

Brendan reached down and snapped off Skarmory's ball. He was going to fly into Mauville City and pop in on May to see how she was doing. Brendan released Skarmory and hopped onto her back.

"Ready to fly girl?" Brendan inquired, stroking the armored Pokémon's beak, getting an affectionate coo in return.

Skarmory spread her wings wide and sprang into the sky.
_______________________________________

Courtney was in the main laboratory of the base, working tediously on her main project. The suit was nearly complete. She tinkered with the systems a little more, making sure that every detail was in line with what she had drawn out. Nothing would be out of place.

The suit was all connected to a single gauntlet. It all retracted when the gauntlet was deactivated. It was truly a work of art. It would allow the one wearing it, to withstand punishment from forces several times their own weight, making the user more durable. Aggron steel was used in the development. The coloration was like unto a shiny Aegislash, native to Kalos but widely studied.

It's almost perfect. One more thing is needed for it to be complete. Now, where did I put that part?
_______________________________________

May sat across from Wally at the Pokémon Center that morning, laughing about the way Lisia's hair looked when she woke up.

"It's so poofy!" May giggled.

Lisia yawned and then stuck out her tongue.

"I'm feeling lazy today, give me a break," she pouted cutely.

Wally stifled a laugh. Lisia looked over at him and giggled. Wally had to be the most adorable thing she'd ever seen. She and May both agreed that he was cute. His shyness was on a level of cute that rivaled that of a sleeping Pichu with an Eevee curled up with it.

"So Wally, got any strategies for Wattson?" May asked.

Wally thought for a moment and shook his head. "I keep thinking, but I can't seem to come up with anything. I mean, I got a lot out of battling Brendan. But I am not sure if my Pokémon will be ready," Wally sighed.

"Awww, don't worry Wally! We're here for ya," Lisia said, pulling Wally into a tight hug.

"Yeah! We'llbe there to cheer you on!" May stated with a brigbt smile.

"Really? You guys would do that for me?" Wally asked.

"Of course!" Both girls said in unison.

Wally smiled. He felt lucky to have the support of such good friends. The sound of the doors to the Pokémon Center opening caught the attention of the group. They turned to see Brendan walk inside.

"Brendan!" They exclaimed.

Brendan waved to the group and smiled. "Hey guys, what's up?" He asked, walking over to meet them.

" I'm going to challenge Wattson again today," Wally stated confidently.

"Awesome! I was going to head on over to Fortree City. But now that I know you are going to face Wattson, I wanna watch," Brendan replied.

"This is great! We can all cheer together!" Lisia exclaimed.

"Sweet. But first, I need to eat," Brendan said with a laugh. "I had given the team I used in the gym match to the nurse for the night and stayed up to train the others. I think I forgot to get dinner last night."