Chapter Thirty-Nine

"Dude! What's up?" Tim asked as he picked up his gear.

"Hi Brendan!" Lucia said from beside Tim as she heard her friend's voice.

"Not much you two. Hey Lucia," Brendan replied.

"How's the badge hunting going? Did you catch up yet?" Tim laughed.

Brendan rolled his eyes as he walked into Lavaridge Town.

"Nope. Just got into Lavaridge Town right now," Brendan said, returning Skarmory in the process.

"Really? Dude, I thought you would have already been there and gone by now," Tim laughed.

"I kinda got held up," Brendan laughed nervously.

"No kidding man. You're all over the Oldale Echo with that Katrina girl. You two had a battle that ended in a draw. The footage is all over dude," Tim stated. "It's a pretty big deal, considering who your opponent was."

"Oh? Really now?" Brendan inquired, curious about what he meant.

"Okay dude, you remember what she looked like right?" Tim asked curiously.

Brendan couldn't forget even if he tried. She had long blond locks that flowed past her shoulders. Her eyes were grey like storm clouds. Now that he thought of it, she did remind him of someone.

"Figured it out yet? It's obvious who she was. Even I got it from just looking at her," Tim added.

"I think I know who she reminds me of. And I now know why I barely tied with her. There's only one other person who looks like that and has a presence that intimidating," Brendan replied.

"Cynthia," Brendan and Tim said in unison.

"Yep, it's Cynthia's younger sister. I found that out after seeing the footage. I went and looked it up and sure enough, the information was right there. You lucky tard, I would have killed for a shot at battling her!"

Brendan laughed. "Well, I guess I lucked out didn't I? Sadly, she outclassed me by a longshot. I was lucky enough to trigger Overgrow or she would have won."

Tim agreed. "That fight was so badass though. She fights exactly like her sister," Tim replied.

"Easy there love, your fanboy side is showing," Lucia teased.

"I am not ashamed. Cynthia is a respected Champion who deserves her place," Tim grinned. "Anyway, enough about that. What's up for real Brendan?"

Brendan hesitated before speaking. "Well, how do I put this? I'm seeing someone."

Tim and Lucia both exchanged glances. "Dude, video screen, now!" Tim said sternly.

Brendan sighed and activated the new installment in the gear. He flipped the gear over and two small doors slid aside to reveal a screen. It turned on to reveal Tim and Lucia sitting together.

"Okay, now say that again," Tim stated seriously.

"I'm seeing someone," Brendan repeated.

"Birch finally has a girlfriend!" Lucia laughed.

"Took you long enough bro! Sheesh, you couldn't even find the courage to ask a girl out in school. Way to go man," Tim replied.

Brendan rolled his eyes and chuckled. "She sorta beat me to the punch on that one."

"Ooo, she sounds aggressive, me likey," Lucia giggled.

"Oi, cut it out Lucia," Brendan laughed.