Chapter Fifty-Eight

A loud crash was heard inside the Petalburg City Gym as May took on her father. Blaziken had used Blaze Kick to send Exploud across the arena , imbedding him into a wall. The Loud Noise Pokémon peeled itself off the wall and staggered forward. He drew in air, set to release another attack when Blaziken rushed in lightning fast and slammed his glowing fist into Exploud's stomach.

Power surged through Blaziken as he pulled his fist away, letting the Exploud fall flat on his face.

"Exploud is unable to battle! Blaziken wins!" The judge declared.

A red beam of energy captured Exploud and returned him to his ball. Norman looked over at May, a faint smile on his face. May had indeed become strong. His little girl had become a fine young woman, just like her mother. It was now time for the final test. He grabbed Slaking's ball and tossed it out, releasing the giant sloth from his ball.

The lazy Pokémon yawned as he appeared and scratched his backside. May glanced at her father's strongest Pokémon and took a deep breath.

This is it May. This is what you worked so hard for. You can do this. Just breathe. Breathe and make him proud!

"Blaziken, Blaze Kick!" May called out.
_______________________________________

An explosion resounded within Team Aqua's headquarters. Several Team Magma Grunts faced off against their adversaries while Courtney and Miles had their own problems to deal with. Miles and Seth had run into one another while Courtney and Shelly met up on the other side of the base.
_______________________________________

"I had a feeling I would run into you sooner or later, Magma Mutt," Seth sneered.

Miles narrowed his brows. "There's only one person I allow to call me that. And you aren't them."

"Ha! You mean Shelly? Don't tell me you're attached to her. The only reason she got involved with you was to stop you from getting in the way of our glorious leader's plans," Seth laughed.

Miles smirked deviously. "I'm aware of that, but tell me...why didn't Shelly report back directly afterwards? Why did she linger? Hmmm?"

Seth gritted his teeth.

"Figured it out that fast huh? You're not as slow as you look. She wasn't the only one with a few tricks up her sleeve. Oh...and for the record, she came back for more," Miles grinned.

"You dirty little-" Seth seethed and threw Dragalge into battle. "I think it's time I put a muzzle on you..."

Miles chuckled and sent out Darmanitan.
_______________________________________

Several loud explosions rocked the base as Courtney's Ninetales fired off several Energy Ball attacks at Shelly's Kingdra who responded with Scald. A Dragon Pulse punched through the smoke and was countered by a Flamethrower.

"So, word has it you and that Brendan guy are a thing. Tell me...how many times did you seduce him before he succumbed to joining you?" Shelly asked as Kingdra fired off a Hydro Pump which was met with an Energy Ball.

Courtney rolled her eyes. "A few times less than the number of times my agent has taken a trip down your pants," Courtney shot back, earning a scowel from Shelly.

"That was for stress relief." Shelly retaliated.

"Stress relief? If that's the case, how do you explain the other times?" Courtney prodded.

Shelly frowned and ceased her attacks for a moment. How could she explain the other times? The first was due to stress at work. The second was for a distraction. But what of the times after? She shook the thoughts from her mind and glared at Courtney.