Chapter Fifty-Nine

A loud, terrifying roar echoed through Hoenn only to be met by the call of another great beast. All over Hoenn, people were either glued to their TV sets watching the news or outside witnessing it first hand. It wasn't just Hoenn that was affected either.
_______________________________________

Aspertia City, home to the renowned Professor Juniper, was now experiencing the harsh weather conditions. The brunette sat in her lab researching the effects of the severe weather. She flipped on the news to see whatelse she could find. As she did, she saw a helicopter news crew, flying over a massive red Pokémon and over on the split screen, another chopper was flying over a large sea Pokémon.

Juniper's eyes widened.

"Those are-!"

The door to the lab burst open to reveal a young blonde dressed in a lab coat, wearing glasses and a green hat. She was soaking wet.

"Professor! The news!" She shouted.

"I know, I saw. This is amazing!" Juniper said as she turned to the screen.
_______________________________________

"This is footage from the news team over in Hoenn. Two ancient Pokémon have been awakened and because of that, the weather conditions have become unstable. Just five minutes ago it was raining unreasonably hard. Now the heat is unbearable. If these Pokémon are not stopped, the entire world is going to be torn apart," a red-haired news reporter stated.

A young honey-blond woman sat on the sofa, the air conditioning cranked up all the way. Her mother was in the kitchen and a Rhyhorn sat at her feet. It groaned.

This is crazy. How the hell did this happen? Is this how we're going  to to go out? She thought, her eyes glued to the screen for any signs of hope.
_______________________________________

Courtney quickly grabbed her gear. There was only one thing on her mind at the moment. Brendan. Was he okay? She didn't know. She dialed him.

Please pick up...

The gear rang a few times and then picked up.

"Brendan?"

"Courtney!" Brendan replied over the gear.

"Thank Arceus, where the hell are you?" Courtney asked sharply.

"Heading for Mauville! There's trouble there," Brendan replied as he flew.

"Brendan, don't you dare do anything stupid! That Pokémon is far more powerful than you know," Courtney warned.

"I know that. But I still need to do something! I've got Latios and Latias with me. I'll be fine!" Brendan countered.

"I'm coming, wait for me there, that's an order!" Courtney replied before hanging up and releasing Swellow.

She hopped onto Swellow and rocketed off towards Mauville City, Tailwind giving her a boost in speed.
_______________________________________

Brendan sighed as he put his gear away. As he flew over Mauville, he noticed several familiar individuals. A head of green hair caught his attention. It was Wally! Beside him was Tim and Katrina.

This is either a coincidence or Arceus knew I would need help, Brendan thought as he steered the Eon Twins towards them.
_______________________________________

Katrina turned around and suddenly froze. Tim and Wally noticed and turned to see what she was staring at and also stared.

"Are those-"

"The Eon Duo..." Katrina finished for Tim.

Brendan hovered to a stop before them and hopped off. He still wore the suit so they had no clue who it was.