Part 4

Ruthless Obsession

Ruthless Obsession
....................................

"Sir.., this is my offer letter.. i was selected as the 'Newface' of inspiring writer for SPH."
.....said lathika and extended the offer letter to Nivaan..,who is still busy in checkingout this different girl infrnt of him.
Nivaan took the letter frm her and started opng it but before that he heard her speak again in a gentle yet thin voice.
" Sir., Iam Lathika.. Lathika Menon.."
...... said lathika and adjusted her frames once again.
.......
Nivaan.., for a second paused right there and shifted his eyes towards the 'Girl' again..., raising his eyebrows...
Nivaan : What did u say...?? Come again...??!!
Lathika : umm... My name is Lathika.. Lathika Menon sir...!
...........
Nivaan stood there rooted at that place... He is thinking something... one can easily guess that as he is thinking something deep by just looking at him...
........
Nivaan then adjusted his sleeves up again..., and said..,
"Meet me in my cabin... NOW..."
......said Nivaan and vthout waiting for single second.., he left that place., leaving lathika vth many questions....
........
Nivaan is now in his cabin and he started searching for that script which he liked a lot and he felt lyk he can relate vth that script...
Loneliness.., is his only companion since his mother left him and after his father's death.., he stopped to build any closeness vth anyone including his grandpa as he felt that ntng lasts forever.... he never lets anyone to know about him beyond the line which he drew frm past 12 years...
For the first tym ever.., something made him feel relieved and he smiled a little by reading that script and it's soon faded after knowing that a 'Girl' wrote all that...
........
But this is nt the only thing that is bothering him now..
For the first tym after many years he saw some one who reminded him of his mother.
Very fragile voice.., and those eyes that are capable of hiding almost everything.. that different appeal vch once he loved in his mother.., all those attributes are now in this girl..., which are making him feel suffocating....
And her name..., Lathika... it felt soo familiar to him...
He didn't know that why that name is making his heart beat uneven...
He felt his heart empty.., as if all the blood.., pumping in his heart has stopped functioning..., when he heard her name... "LATHIKA"
............
"Excuse me sir.., may i come in..??"
...asked lathika standing outside Nivaans room holding her handbag tightly..
Nivaan.., for a second looked at her and had some water present on his table to rub away all his thoughts that are gushing inside him ...
" Get in and close the door.."
..... said Nivaan vth a voice filled authority and pulled his sleeves down..
Lathika did as Nivaan said.., and stood before him in that gaint cabin vth chilling temparature inside it.
" You... Miss. Menon.., dnt ever say that 'New face' of SPH again...
We are here to extend our business in India and it wont happen if v publish ur story vth your pic it...
Just look at you... you are nt even worth to enter our office if u had nt written such thing...
But get one thing clear.... your story will be published as it has all the elements that we need to get our scope in India again.., bt vthout ur pic.. or ur name in it...
N inorder to keep your mouth shut you will be paid 2.5 lakhs per month...
From now onwards work for us as a ghost writer or else u can leave our office now taking ur script vth you.... choice is yours Miss. Lathika..."
.............. said Nivaan vthout breaking his eyecontact vth this girl infrnt of him...
.........
Lathika stood there without uttering a word for about 2 minutes...
She is still trying to understand what she just heard..
......
Nivaan looked at her face as it went pale and she gripped her bag even more tight in her hands as if she is in deep stress..
An evil smile escaped frm Nivaan as he felt pleasure in seeing this girl struggle....
He has left vth zero bits of kindness.., when women are considered..
And this Lathika reminds him of his mother... soo she has all the qualifications to face Nivaans wrath and hatred....
That's how Nivaan feel about Lathika now...
.......
"Miss. Lathika.. go back to the store room again and think of what to do vth it... you have 10 minutes left to tell ur decision... and when u r clear.., then come back here again.. "
.....said Nivaan and rested back on his slanting chair playing vth his pen..., and didn't cared to look at her while saying such harsh words..
.........
Lathika.., just turned back and started to leave his gaint cabin... Though the AC temp is low in that room.., she has bits of sweat formed on her forehead..
........
Nivaan just looked at her one last tym leaving his cabin vth a lost face and unknowingly his attention again shifted to that 'Scar' on her forehead.
He felt his heart pondering again..., but he himself is unaware of what is it vth that scar that's making him feel lyk this....
...........
"I know what her decision would be...!! She will definately deny the offer..., if she is a girl vth self respect..., lyk the way she looks different...
And if she accepts the offer..., she is just another women.., who are around money....
10 minutes left to judge you Miss. Lathika. "
.......thought Nivaan to himself and looked at his watch...
................

Next part precap
" Sir..., i will accept ur offer...
I... i am wiling to be the Ghost writer frm now on... "
.......said lathika stressing her everyword and closing her fist.
.......
Nivaan know that this would happen..... He judged her right in his opinion...
But he is feeling different now.. He is nt hapy by her answer...
Though he expected her decision before..., he somewhere wished his judgement to be proved wrong.....
.............