Part 47 (b)

Ruthless Obsession
....................................

"What was that...??!!
.
.
Y did he kissed me...??!! "
......lathika  stood at the entrance gate panting for breath and  looked at the chain in her hands for once..

.............

Vth the sudden ring of his phone.., in the deadly silence  filled in his cabin.., Nivaan picked it up as it was a call from his grandpa.

" Nivaan...??!  Mr. Rohit is waiting for you...!!
.
.
He has to reach his cottage before 9...!!  Have you started from your office...??!! "
........Prataap asked.., showing the interior  of the bungalow to Rohit.., in the man while..

"I'm coming....!!"
...... Nivaan replied coldly and cut the call..

....................
"Lathika Menon...!!
U have always given a hard tym...!!
.
.
N why the hell.., i lost my control before you...!!!"
........Nivaan closed his eyes and rembered the incident again...., and then left the office...,  vth a dejected look on his face..

...................

Nivaan : Sorry for the delay Mr. Rohit...!! It was a bad weather outside...!! I think u should drive carefully..
......He reached home after 1 hour as it took him.., long to drive in the ghat road because of the increasing fog at that hour..

Rohit : thank god...!! U have reached safely...!!  Ur grandpa..., was almost sweating checking the weather report...
......he said  and took leave from both of them..

.............

Nivaan.., came forward and hugged his grandpa gripping him  tight in his arms...,
resting his head on  his shoulder...,and tried to calm down his thoughts.., that were nt helping him to think straight...!!

Surprised by his gesture.., Prataap.., reciprocated the hug and patted his back...
"You are my only Strength.., Nivaan...!! You have to be strong in every stage of ur lyf.., no matter how worse..,  the situation gets..."
.......said prataap..., and broke apart from the hug..

" i think u should fresh up n get ready for your journey...  Raghu is in ur room and packing your stuff...
.
.
I must say Nivaan.., u have got a very huge collection of  blazers and hoodies...!! "
.........said Prataap and smiled at him..

....................

Time 9.15 pm

" i have just called my friend., in Mumbai...
I think u know him too.., Pratap...!!
.
.
Dr. Jeevan chakravarty.., who used to live in my neighbour hood..., had shifted to Mumbai   recently...

He will be Lathika's guardian until we both settle down  this issue..."
.......Raghu said to Prataap.., as he understood his tensed expressions...

"God had given us a fair chance to rectify our  mistake...!!
.
.
We have to take care of her Raghu...!! She has no one to look after her now...!!
Let me know.., if i can ever help you on this regard..."
.......He said in an assuring tone and smiled at him..

"Grandpa...!! I will take ur leave now...!!
.
.
Uncle.., pls take care of him...!!
N i have gone through few profiles of the applicants who can fit in to take up the charge of SPH.., n here is the complete file stating their expertise...
.
.
I hope it helps u to choose the right one..."
........said Nivaan..., interrupting the on going conversation between them and stood infront of him holding a wheeled suitcase in one hand and  his  woolen coat on the other hand...

Seeing him all set to leave.., Prataap and Raghu got up and  started to head out of the bungalow..., bt Nivaan stopped them in the midway and said..,