Part 25 (b)

Ruthless Obsession

Ruthless Obsession
.....................................

Time 9.30 pm

Lathika started to arrange plates on the dining table  as she had done vth the cooking and brought the dishes from  kitchen to the dining table..

She is trying to divert herself from the thoughts of Nivaan and that intimate moment which they shared about a couple of hours ago...

.......

Bt she was soo engrossed in arranged the stuff that she didn't realize that Nivaan   was alrdy present in the hall  and stood just a few inch behind her holding  something covered in a white cloth...

........

He waited for a sometime.., hoping that lathika would see him.., bt she was tough to tackle vth....

For Nivaan..., lathika was always an unsolved mysterious puzzle....
The more he tries to know her..., the more she is getting hard to resist....

..........

Finally.., Nivaan gave up and  went forward and took a seat next to her...

" umm..... lathika..!!   Can u look at me for a second...!!"
......Nivaan asked her as she was nt even  giving him any attention..

She has to face him now... adjusting her glasses she took a seat next to him and looked at him..., trying to hide her shyness...

Nivaan could see her flushed face  and raised his eyebrows...

"  Damn...!!  U are blushing lathika...!!!"
.......Nivaan said in his extra sweet dark tone and  smiled at her....

" No... Nooo...  I'm nt blushing... it's... it's becz  of the cold breeze outside..."
........she managed to find a excuse which made some sense...

" okay... calm down now.... n  this is for you....
No..!!  Actually., this is yours..."
......said Nivaan and handed her the wrapped thing...

Lathika made a puzzled face and started to unwrap the cloth from the hidden thing...
........

"This...!!... here....??? ...
I...can't believe this...!!   Thanku.... soo much Nivaan sir....!! "
........lathika struggled saying these lines as tears rolled in her eyes and at the same time she has that broad smile on her face seeing  her Mom's jewellery box in her hands....

"I... owe u a lot Nivaan sir...!!
After what u have did for me in the past 2 days...,  i dnt think i can ever repay u for ur kindness... 
This is nt just a jewellery box....
This is a box full of memories....!!
I can feel my mom around when i wear these payal and these earrings...."
............she is confessing her  heart out  to that  person whom she hardly met before a month....

Nivaan is now seeing her another side...
That calm and shy lathika who hardly says a word...,  has also this side of a happy  n over excited teenager.....

" u r right... u owe me a lot...!! "
........Nivaan said and stood up from the chair and was abt to leave...

Lathika wiped her tears and called out his name...
" Nivaan sir....!!
Pls have the dinner...!"

To which he turned around and   tilted his head a little vthout breaking his eye contact...

" I'm full lathika...!! "
.......said Nivaan vth his hands on his trouser's pockets and  staring intensely at lathika...

"Gud night...."
........ were his last words that night..., before leaving  for his room...

..............

Lathika alone had the dinner thinking  abt Nivaan's sudden change in behaviour.....

...........

Next mrng.., lathika woke up late as she couldn't properly sleep last night remembering her mother and admiring the jewellery box for hours...

It was alrdy 8.30 am.., when she woke up.. but it was a bit relaxing that it's sunday and also a bit awkward that she has to be vth Nivaan..., the whole day in his bungalow...
And day by day it is becoming difficult for her to look at him and to face his damn expressive eyes....

.........

She went down to the hall as she was very sure abt Nivaan's insomnia and hoping that he would be present there...

........

Seeing him no where around..,
she sat on the couch and that's when she  felt that she sat on the tv remote instead..., which was on the couch...,
and a local news channel appeared on the screen...

Lathika was about to switch it off... bt something  in the news caught her attention and her eyes were wide open all of a sudden..
.........

" In the early hours on the highway road..., there was a car seen crashed by hitting a tree and police were seen enquiring abt the details of the vehicle and it's owner...
Our close reports says that the black Scorpio which had been crashed belongs to the only
Successor of  Sinha group...,
Mr. Nivaan Sinha...

From the local vendors and residents over there  we came to know that the person driving the car was taken to the hospital and  police were seen on the spot investigating further abt the reason for the crash... "
..........the voice of the nrws reader echod in that huge hall and the visuals of Nivaan's car was shown...

...........

Lathika just collapsed seeing the visuals and the blood shed over the spot...
From the footage..., it was obvious for anyone to estimate the severity of the crash...

.........

Lathika was still nt in a mood to believe in the news even though Nivaan's car was shown on the spot...

She quickly got up and checked all the rooms inside... screaming his name and vth tears in her eyes....

Bt there was no response... she was alone in that huge bungalow...., in a terrible silence...

........

That's when she felt the reality strongly hitting her....

"Does that mean...!! The news.....!! 
(Pause)
Was it real...???!!"
.......lathika thought to herself and  wiped her tears which seemed uncontrollable..., and cleared her view which was totally blurred becz of her tears...

" Noo....This can't be real...!!"
.......without waiting any second... she quickly went outside  and took a cab to the highway....

..........

Next part precap

" lathika..., u r too innocent to know  all this...!!  For him u r just a challenge...
he  is just being curious to know abt u.... 
i have read a lot abt his affairs... for him women are just some sought of  puppets to play vth....
n how can u live vth him lathika...!!?? "
.......jayanth blurted out his anger  in his tone itself as he couldn't think straight at that moment...

"Jayanth sir...!!
Just be in ur limits....!!!
I can't hear a word against Nivaan sir anymore.... "
.....lathika responded vth equal audacity in her tone suppressing her anger.....

..........,............

Comment ur views :)