Part 15

Ruthless Obsession
......................................

"It was a bad day, today...  i should have checked my shoes before... "
......lathika was talking to herself, walking on the street vth slow steps...
She then checked her shoes and felt that they were too worn out to wear and were ripped a little at the side.

Lathika remembered how sheetal humiliated her bcz of her shoes and  vthout thinking twoce she checked her purse.

Adding all the coins and  currency notes she was left vth 1500 rps  in the purse.

.......

"  should i buy a new pair vth the mny...!!?  Oh.. yeaa.. just 2 days left for the salary day..
if i spend this now.., then how would i spend the remaining days...
It was my first salary and i haven't brought enough money frm kolkata.. "
......as her thoughts of  estimating the balance sheet  were still going on.., she saw a cobbler at a distance  who was busy in mending  a shoe sitting on the footpath..., covering his face vth a muffler and wearing a bulk sweater.

........

Lathikas eyes twinkled as she saw him and  she quickly went to him and asked him to fix her shoes and polish them a little.

Seeing those worn out shoes.., he raised his head to look at her and then  checked the shoe by flipping it..

" Mam.... it will take a while and i will charge 50 rps... pls be seated on this bench.."
.......said the cobbler  making his tools ready to mend the shoe and showed her bench beside him..

Lathika smiled at him and sat on the bench thinking that her problem had been solved.

" mam...  y don't you buy new shoes... These are too worn out to even fix them..."
.....he said brushing off the mud from the shoes vthout looking at her...

" hmm... yeaa....pls fix them now.. i will buy next tym..."
.........she was still about to say something bt then her words were cut short by a familiar voice nearing her.

.........

"R u planning to carry out the entire year vth those shoes....!!?"
.....said the person who stood before lathika  and took off the shades vch were covering his eyes till then..

For a second.., lathika felt  her blood flowing upside down from her body seeing Nivaan sinha infront of her.

She was nt sure of where to focus her eyes...

His questioning eyes which were dark enough and can make anyone drown in them are giving her a hard tym  now.

"Miss. Menon.., r u going to stare at me lyk this for a while...??!!"
......said Nivaan raising his eyebrows.

" Noo... Noo sir.. i  was wondering how  u came here...!!"
......she asked vthout thinking twice...

Nivaan then tilted his head a little and showed her his car which was parked there and said...,
" well.. let me tell you..., i owe a car... and that's how i came..."
.....he said  sarcastically....

" And will u answer me now..??!! How long you r planning to use those shoes..."
.....he asked.

"I will buy after 2 days.. as it will be the salary day and i will nt give a chance for any complaint..."
.....said lathika and went to the cobbler who was staring at them frm long time.

Nivaan felt uneasy... He followed her and went  said..,

" how much you charge to fix those shoes...??"
....he asked the cobbler.., to which he said said 50 rps..
And the next moment..,
Nivaan took out his wallet and gave him a 500 rps note and said...,
" take this and throw them away..."
......he said looking straight towards Lathika who stood beside him vth  faded expressions..

" and You miss. Lathika..., sit in my car..."
.......said Nivaan and without waiting there any moment he went towards his car and started the engine...., leaving behind those two people whose jaws dropped  by his sudden move.

...........

Lathika  was sweating now...  It would be vain for anyone  to argue vth Nivaan... bcz at the end   the argument ends in Nivaan sinhas favour...
......

Lathika finally gave up and sat in his car vth bare foot..

Through out the drive lathika kept asking abt where they were going but Nivaan kept on driving  vthout answering her.

........

Since his childhood..., Nivaan was the same..  He always wanted things in his control..
   Bt the difference is...,  before he used to  deal vth  people who tried to mess vth his grandpa...

And now another person had been added in 'His list'  without his notice from past few days...

Yes....  its Lathika Menon... the one who sat next to him...

...........

After a good 15 minutes drive.., they have reached the main market area.., where one can find everything and the place is always  vth tourists  mostly foreigners   who likes to buy Indian stuff..
........

Nivaan then got down from his car and took her to a huge 3 floored showroom  vch  was glowing in the evening lights.

........

The watchman there stood up and greeted them  and pulled the entrance glass door...

......

Nivaan then went towards the lady in the uniform of the store and asked her to  take out some ladies shoes vch fits for lathika...,
And then looked at her only to find her  checking out the entire showroom vth a broad smile on her face...

He looked at a her for a moment  and then the lady came back vth a  frozen wood black shoes which were soo elegant...

Lathika then came to her senses and saw the shoes which the lady brought and when she saw the price tag.., she breathed heavily and said...,
" 13000 rps....%%$#&!!!!??? "
......in a loud voice and then saw Nivaan who gave a "what's the matter..!!" Look to her..

She then took the lady aside and asked her sbt the starting price of shoes in that showroom...

The lady smiled and said..,
"Mam... we have all the types of shoes and the minimum would start at 2500 rps..."
.....she said lyk as if it is just 250 rps..

........

After 20 minutes of deciding what to choose.., Nivaan finally took out black silver lined half pointed shoes  which were an exact fit for lathika..

" Miss. Menon.... dnt u dare think that im concerned abt you or something...
I'm just concerned abt the floor in my office..."
......said Nivaan on their way back to Lathikas home.

All this while lathika was just  checking the bill of the shoes which included service tax, vat.., and lot more taxes added to it making a bill of 17500 rps for just a pair of shoes...

" sir... I'm soo sorry for spoiling the floor and   i will be paying you the sum after i get my first salary..."
......she said feeling bad abt herself and checking the bill one more time.

.........

Nivaan then halted his car infront of lathikas home which seemed very old and before she could step down the car..., Nivaan thought of something and stopped her.

"Yes.. sir..!!? What happened...?? "
....she asked..looking at him confusingly..

Nivaan stared at her for a second and turned towards her.

"Lathika...!! Let's date...!!!"

.........

Comment ur views... :)

............