Part 37

Ruthless Obsession

Ruthless Obsession
....................................

" Grandpa...!!  What are you saying..?!!!
.
.
Is everything ok there...??!!"
.......Nivaan left her and stepped back a little to concentrate...

Grandpa : Ntng serious Nivaan...!!
Actually we are going to take up a prestigious govt project..., this tym..., n this needs  few formalities to be cleared before....

The chairperson and his successor has to sign in some legal documents to continue the work..!!
I just came to know abt this procedure...!! Soo it's a little emergency...!!  I hope i didn't mind you...!!"
.........said prataap  and tried to know Nivaan's thoughts abt it...

" Noo.. grandpa...!! Y would i even mind..!!??
N i will start packing my bags...!!"
.........said Nivaan trying to sound unaffected....

" I had already mailed you the tickets...!!  It won't be difficult for you...!!n i will get back to you again...!!"
......said prataap and cut the call as he didnt want Nivaanto think on this again..

................

Nivaan then looked at lathika for once and hugged her  tightly..., as he didn't want to leave hwr at that moment....
He then closed his eyes still gripping her in his arms and said...,

"Lathika...!! (* a sec pause)
.
.
This is nt our day...!!
I have to leave to Canada this night...!!
It's an emergency...!! "
........Nivaan pulled back himself from  lathika and sat on the bed..,  placing his hand on his messed hair and adjusting it...

Lathika.., by now understood the situation and  kept her pallu on her shoulders again.., still leaning by the wall..

Nivaan then shifted his gaze on her again and seeing her faded expressions.., he came towards her....
He then tilted his head a little and pressed his lips...

" Grandpa.., had to sign in some contract.., and... "
........before he could continue.., his words were cut short by lathika.., as she placed a finger on his lips..

" how many days...???!! "
......she asked..., in a low tone.., and smiled at him effortlessly.
Nivaan didn't expected this from her... He then held her both hands and  went close to her...

"U know wat..!! ???
U r such a mysterious puzzle....!!
.
.
I felt that it's hard to make u understand the situation...!!
.
.
(* he smiled for once and  breathed heavily)
.
4 days..., lathika...!!
.
4 long days....!!! "
........he said and kissed her palms.., pulling her close to himself...

His soft tone.., made her feel sad all of a sudden.., bt still she managed to mantain her smile and said...,

"Nivaan sir...!!
  I will wait for you...!!  N i trust you...!!"
......she said and freed herself from him..

"N can i help you in packing your stuff...??!!"
.......she asked  looking into his eyes by making a puppy face...
Nivaan raised his eyebrows seeing her curious expressions and gestured her towards his closet room on the left corner beside the french windows...