Part 21 (c)

Ruthless Obsession
....................................

"How can a person maintain to look even more charming and cute in his sleep too...!!!??"
.........lathika wondered while running her fingers gently on Nivaan's tiny mole above his right eyebrow.
She parted her lips and smiled caressing his forehead.., and all of a sudden she felt Nivaan's hand holding hers and before she could understand what was happening...,Nivaan sat erect on his seat vthout leaving her hand and was just staring at Lathika...
........
"What were you doing!!??"
......asked Nivaan in a gentle husky tone vth a frown on his face.
Lathika's brain stopped working long back vth this sudden unexpected thing.., and is  sweating now..
"sir..., i was nt trying to disturb ur sleep..!!  I....I was just touching.., %#@$  umm... I ... "
........lathika tried to think of any possible word that can make sense.., bt she didn't get any...
.........
Nivaan.., was just watching her faded expressions and smirked at her and his lips curved a little seeing her stammering..
He left her hand.., and folded his hands and tilted his head which he always does when he looks at  lathika....
"You've touched my weak spot, Lathika...!! "
......he said and adjusted the front mirror of the car and looked at his own image in it.., and said..,
"I know.., that it's hard to resist me being this close to me..., bt u dared touching me huhh...??!!"
.......he said sarcastically  and turned towards lathika and raised his eyebrows...

But before lathika could understand his sarcasm and respond  to it.., his phn beeped in his coat pocket and that disturbed their moment...

Nivaan quickly picked it up as it was his Grandpa who is calling him then...
"Hello..Nivaan.. What are you doing in Kolkata??!!  And y all of a sudden you asked abt Kolkata's hospital's details??!"
........his grandpa was literally breathing heavy while speaking and this made Nivaan feel a lil different..
"what happened to you grandpa.., it's just an hour and half journey from Himachal and  i came here on some work.. will call u later and brief you about everything.... bt u pls calm down..."
......Nivaan said in a low voice.
"Nivaan..., U very well know that i will always agree vth u in every issue vthout thinking twice...!! N now..., I  want something from you.."
........his grandpa said  holding an old newspaper article in his laptop.

Nivaan sensed some difference in his grandpa's tone and got down from the car and said..,
"Grandpa.., is everything ok there..?? and ask me anything...!!"
......Nivaan said and unexpectedly his eyes were focussed on Lathika..

"Nivaan..,!! Promise me that you will never go to kolkata again..!! "
......said Prataap sinha and waited for Nivaan to respond..

"Okay..!! I promise you Grandpa..!!"
.......said Nivaan to which Prataap was surprised and asked,
"Nivaan.., u didn't asked the reason y i said so..!! don't u wanna know..?? "
..... to which Nivaan smiled and said..,
"You are the only one in my life who i can blindly trust grandpa...!!"
........and cut the call...

.........
Time : 5.45 am...
Nivaan was driving  his car in the isolated early morning roads of kolkata to reach the Airport....

Lathika was the one to break the silence in between them..

"Sir..., It's all bcz of you that my father is able to speak again and can able stand on his own legs...!!
I.. will never forget this in my life...
and i literally don't have any problem to work as a ghost writer in your company...
My mom used to say that God will always be vth them who helps others and  I  will always remember you in my prayers... your mom must be blessed to have a son lyk u..."
.......lathika said vth utmost happiness and her happiness is even visible on her face...
.............

That's it...Lathika messed vth the moment in betwwen them.. unknown of the fact that how her last sentence effects Nivaan Sinha's wounded heart...

Nivaan all of a sudden halted his car vthout any warning making a screeching sound due to the sudden application of brakes...

"Don't ever say that again.., Lathika....!!
She is nt my mom..!! She is a witch..., and a selfish woman...,"
......Nivaan said closing his eyes and closing his fist and even gritted his teeth while saying this...

Lathika was frightened by this Sudden terrific transformation in Nivaan and was just staring at him as she has no guts to utter a word seeing him in such fierce mood...
.......
After a couple of minutes..., Nivaan came back to his senses and  turned towards lathika...

"Are you okay.., Sir..??!"
.......asked lathika as she could sense some unsaid pain in his eyes...

.........

" I never felt so  defeated in my life..., like i felt that day...!! 
They say that.... God sends his own angels in everyone's lyf and they call her 'MOM'....
But NO.... sometimes there would be some witches too in the disguise of angels....!!

I still remember..., that day...  when... she shamelessly said  to my dad that she is having an extramarital affair and she didn't wanted to live vth my dad anymore....

I have lost my happy childhood because of her.... She killed my innocence  in my early adolescence...  "
.........Nivaan Sinha finally poured his heart out to a GIRL who  he hardly know from a month or so...

The same Nivaan.., who used to treat a girl  just a thing to use and enjoy vth..., is now finding solace in THIS GIRL's presence....

............

Lathika has ntng to say...,  no words were hitting her brain which she can use to comfort Nivaan in that moment....

" Sir.... I will always remember you in my prayers.... "
.......that's what lathika finally said...,  to comfort Nivaan bt   she didn't thought for a second that what she said wasn't related to that conversation...

........

Nivaan just smiled at her innocence and adored her effort to comfort him.....,
and started to drive again bt this tym vthout any hard feelings
and was now feeling lyk a feather after such long years of holding the  pain inside him....., as he finally  blurted it out....
And that too  to the right person.....

.............

Next part precap :)

"Lathika....!!  I had always wished for someone in my life who is good at heart and who always cares for her people...
After i came to know abt your past and how u still wished to take care of ur dad..., 
my respect and admiration towards you  has increased even more....

(After a minute pause)

" lathika..., i think i'm in love vth you....!!  Umm... did u feel the same for me...??"
.........asked jayanth fixing his view on lathika who sat infront of him in that  pleasant coffee house.....

...........

"YES.... "
.......said Lathika...., in all of a sudden in a little loud voice...