Part 22

Ruthless Obsession
.....................................

With the sudden ring of her mobile..., lathika...,  got up from the bed  and for a second..., she couldn't figure out where she was and what's going on...

May be bcz she slept for just an hour after they had returned to the bungalow ...

She checked the time in her mobile before picking up the call which was from Jayanth..

........
"Helloo.. lathika...!! (..pause..) Umm Gud mrng...!"
......jayanth wished her vth extra sweetness in his voice..

"Hel...helloo... sir...!!   Gud mrng..."
.....lathika too responded bt her voice was dry...

" lathika... just tell me onething....!! Where are you now...??
What i mean is..!! I'm now standing infront of ur house.., and it was all collapsed...!!    Seriously..., i dnt know abt it til now...
wait..!!
Now the thing is where are you living at present..??"
.......asked jayanth as he was shocked by the view infront of him...

Lathika.., whoz till now talking vth her eyes closed bcz of the dizziness.., had now came to her senses and tried for any possible excuse she can make...
"Sir....I'm fine... I'm in a safe place now... and will meet u in the office... it's alrdy 9 and i have to get ready for the office..."
.....she finally said... and cut the call...

..........

She quickly dressed herself in her  normal emerald green chudidaar  after freshening up and stepped downstairs to pick her handbag.., which she placed in the couch when they came back to bungalow at around 8 am...

As she neared the couch.., beside the fireplace.., she heard some sounds coming from the dining table and  lathika turned around to find it out...
.........

There sat Nivaan on one of the chairs  and eating his routine cornflakes dipped in milk...
But what seemed different for lathika is that..,
Nivaan was eating as if there is no tomorrow...
As if he couldn't be provided vth food after this anymore...

Lathika couldn't control her smile any longer seeing this different 'foodie' side of Nivaan...

But that definitely diverted Nivaan who was all busy eating and he looked at lathika....

..........

Before lathika could ask anything.., Nivaan himself said that..,
"...actually.. i have nt eaten anything from last night.... n  i couldn't sleep properly... !!
Wait...!!  You too must be hungry right...!!?? You have also nt eaten anything from night...!!
Come..., have some cornflakes...."
.......said Nivaan and resumed eating again...

Lathika too felt hungry.., bt then it was alrdy 9.15 n she has to be there in the office by 9.30...
Soo she smiled and said..,
"Umm.. thanku soo much sir... bt it's alrdy late... i need to go now..."

Nivaan then gave a look to her raising his eyebrows..., and said
"Go where...??!!  (..pause..)  Lathika.., ur  boss itself is insisting u to stay and even offering this breakfast...  n look at you...!! Your eyes are a lot swollen... soo just  take a leave for today and just have some good sleep.."
.......Nivaan then gestured her to join him for breakfast....

Lathika..., too felt tired and  then remembered tat she had finished all her file work and soo a day leave will won't affect her work...

Lathika then sat next to Nivaan and started eating  HIS type breakfast...

That's when she observed that Nivaan was wearing  those black shades again..., and then on curiosity.., she asked him abt it...

Nivaan  by then finished eating and wiping his mouth vth a hanky...

" lathika... i hardly slept an hour... and my eyes which are my most prized possession  were all red .....  soo i have to cover them...they will be normal again if i sleep for couple of hours..."
.........said Nivaan and leaned back on the chair and folded his hands....

............

After having breakfast..., both went to their rooms and dozed off...

After 7 long hours...,  lathika woke up again..., bt this time.., she felt a lot relaxed..., bcz of the uninterrupted sleep...

She then washed her face and went to the hall  to find Nivaan....
Seeing his room locked from inside.., she  sat in the couch there and prepared the Brazilian coffee from the machine which Nivaan prefers...

She felt a lot relaxed and happy remembering abt all the incidents that hapoened yesterday...,
Seeiing her father smiling..., seeing the different side of Nivaan.., His damn cute mole on his forehead...,  everything started playing in her mind...

Unknowingly..., lathika was smiling  remembering all this and for a second..., she felt very connected to Nivaan as the aroma of the coffee started hitting her nose....

...........

Another had passed in the sam way..., and lathika still sat on that couch holding the empty mug in her hands thinking abt lot more things...

She didn't even saw Nivaan.., who just stepped down and was all staring her from behind...

" lathika..., when did u got up...??!! N hwz the coffee...??!!"
..........Nivaan asked  vth a smile in his face...

Lathika.., then came to her senses and placed the mug aside and stood up...
Seeing him in his formal office wear..., lathika frowned a little...

Nivaan.., understood her look and said....,

"There is a painting exhibition happening in shimla... n i got the special invites for it...
N  Mr.Agarwal.., the one we are dealing vth now.., wants to meet on a formal purpose there...."
.........said Nivaan and adjusted his watch....

"Umm....lathika.., do u wanna come vth me...??!!
I mean  u must be feeling bore here... soo u r most welcome..., if u wanna join me..."
......said Nivaan trying to sound casual and placed his hands in his pocket...

Lathika..., felt happy and agreed immediately....

"Yess... sir...  let's go...."
........she said vth her glowing smile covering all over her face...

Nivaan..., for a second stared at her in surprise and said...,
" Like this...??!! I mean.., don't u wanna change ur clothes or get ready...??!!"
.....

Lathika..., then widened her eyes and checked her dress... it was all fine and she also washed her face... soo for her... she is ready to go any where...

" i think the dress is fine..."
.....she said in a low voice....
..........

Nivaan was amazingly surprised by her... According to him..,
Girls take a lot of tym in getting ready for any simple occasion
and this girl  infront of him is nt even worried abt her looks and didn't even cared to look in the mirror...

But he felt her natural and pure in whatever way she looks... even if just got up from her sleep or when shez all ready for the office...

Nivaan just smiled at her innocence and stared at her complete figure and titled his head a little.....

"You are Perfect...!!!
Let's go......"
........he said... stressing the word 'Prefect' a little...

..................

Comment ur views :)