Part 40

Ruthless Obsession
.....................................

Time : 11.45 pm

" Mr. Adam.., I'm so sorry Mr. Adam...!! I couldn't make out for the club night...
We can meet in Toronto's Play club tomorrow...
Have a great night...!! "
..........Nivaan was totally exhausted by the unexpected yet memorable events that day and dozed off in his room for a good 8 hours...

..................

With the sudden ring of his mobile.., his sleep got interrupted and picked the phn  as it was a call from Raghunandhan...

" Gud mrng Nivaan...!!  I hope i didn't disturbed you...!!
Actually.., I'm having no appointments for today... so thought of spending some quality time vth sheetal and you...
I have alrdy reached Toronto by my car..., n i guess..., u guys will reach the port in an hour or two....
....Are you having any other plans Nivaan??! "
.........Raghunandhan  polite tone made Nivaan.., to concentrate  on the convo..

" Uncle..., u don't have to ask any permission....
Bt  wat is it vth grandpa..?!! I mean..,  i didn't got any call from him.., in the past 12 hours...!!
Was he busy in any deal??!! 
Pls take care of him uncle...!!
Grandpa is so stubborn at tymes...!! "
.........Nivaan asked vth genuine concern in his tone...

Raghu :  (*smiling)  Nivaan...,!!  Now u r complaining abt Prataap's stubbornness??!!
Look at you once....!!  U both are synonyms of Stubbornness.....!! 
Anyways..., Prataap is busy in a meeting..., n he asked me to convey this msg to you...!!"

Nivaan : ohh..... that's fine...!!  N see you soon uncle..."
...........he said and cut the call  feeling weird abt y did his grandpa asked his uncle to convey the message...

.............................

It's 2 pm in India .., and lathika had just finished  the summary  presentations for the upcoming launches of SPH..
She then  went to Jayanth's cabin.., to give the pen drive  in vch she had stored her presentations in order..

" umm....Jayanth sir..., i hope i didn't disturbed you...!!
Actually.., i want to leave early today...!!
.
.
Soo  here is my file work vch i stored in this drive..
Pls check for once and let me know if there exists any changes...!! "
...............Lathika kept the drive on his desk and stood back again vth a smile on her face....

Jayanth was soo lost in his thoughts  after he heard that she wants to leave early...., and stared at her blankly...

Jayanth : "Is he back...??!!"

Lathika frowned her eyes  as she didn't understood what he just said...

"I didn't get you sir...!!"

Jayanth :  leave it...!! It's just....(4%$&%%)
.....fine...!! You can leave now...!! "
..............he tried his best to sound casual and smiled at her...

Lathika too responded him vth a warm and excited smile and started to leave his cabin..., bt then..,  she turned back again.., as he heard him call out her name..

Jayanth stood up from his seat and went towards her holding something in his hand...

"Lathikaa...!! Never  let this smile leave you  even in tough tymes...!!
I know u r strong...!! Bt ur smile makes me strong too...., well.., at least a little...!!
.
.
N this is for you...!!
It's the first printed copy of your book..., 'Listen to your Soul' "
...........said jayanth and handed her a  golden brown cover paged book vth  engraved vth the title 'listen to your soul'  and her name at the end of the cover page  vth a little smaller italic font......, 'Lathika Menon - Best inspiring writer of SPH - 2016 '