Part 30

Ruthless Obsession
....................................

Location : Hamilton, Canada..

Raghunandhan's house

"What are you saying...??!! Are u so sure abt it...??!!
Wait...!! Hear me first...!!
Dnt come to any conclusions...!!  Jst check the details once again and  call me...!!  I dnt need any fuss regarding this issue...!! "
......ordered Raghunandan on  call vth someone...

He then sat on the huge couch in the hall and placed his hand on his forehead thinking something...

" why  is this happening again...??!!
From all the girls out there y did Nivaan choose her...??!!
......what will i say to prataap...!!??
N what about Nivaan...??!!
Can he able to bear the trauma again....??!!
.
.
(He closes his eyes and he could remember all the memories which were 12 years old bt still fresh to him... )

Noo...!!  I can't hide it from prataap...!!  "
........breaking his thoughts his mobile beeps again and he quickly lifts it hoping that his guesses should be proved wrong....

" Hellooo... !!  What did u find out...??!!  N jst mail me her details and her family history...!!"
.......raghunandhan sounded restless..

"Umm.... ok sir....!! 
I have just mailed you and there is one more thing  i  just found out...
The girl u asked me  abt is now living under the same roof vth Mr. Nivaan Sinha...
in fact from a relied source  i found that.., its been a week since they are living together..."
......said the male voice from the other end...

" ok... thanku soo much for the info... ur remaining payment will be processed  vth in few minutes... "
.....he said and cut the call...

.......

Raghunandhan then checked his mail  and went through the entire biography of the girl which was sent by the detective agent which he had just talked in phn...

After going through the entire page he  felt his throat dry all of a sudden and he leaned back on his chair....

" It's her....!!  It's the same girl....!!
LATHIKA MENON.....!!!"

................

After an hour...,

Raghunandhan dials prataap's no. And vth wipes his sweating face vth one hand..
He waits for 4 complete rings after which Prataap sinha picks the call....

" helloo.. Raghu....!!  I know the reason for the call at this hour...
Let me tell you.., i took all my medicines in tym  and i haven't skipped my meals....!!  "
......said Prataap and laughed loud...

Raghunandhan was still lost in his thoughts and finally thought to speak...

" Prataap we need to meet now...!!  It's.....(*pause) It's.... important....!!"

Prataap felt his voice a lil odd and his eyebrows frowned..

" is everything ok...??!!  Hwz Sheetal...??!! Is she ok...??!!"

" Noo..., Prataap..!!  It's nt abt Sheetal...!!
It's about Nivaan...!! "
.......he said and breathed heavily....

Prataap could sense the seriousness in his tone itself and just agreed to meet him in an hour at Raghunandhan's house..

.................
.................

"Nivaan sir...!!  I have to say something...."
........lathika said in her low voice which is hardly audible  and fiddling vth her dupatta...

Nivaan who was all lost in the wild thoughts which were flooding in his mind..., seeing her in such drenched state... came to his senses after hearing her shy tone...

"Yes Lathika....!!  I'm listening....!!"
......he said  in his light tone and moved inches close to her and leaned over the wall there in his signature posture.. : tilting his head a little and folding his hands showing off his hefty muscles in his night wear...

Lathika felt his proximity bt still stood right there without moving..., and looked in his eyes..., which brought chills all over her body as  his eyes were nt the same at that moment....

Those eyes became even more dark and his intense stare  made her lips shiver all of a sudden...

"Niv....Nivaan sir....!!
                        I.... I love you... "
......lathika blurted out her feelings vthout breaking her eyecontact...
.
.
.
.

He was blank....
          Totally blank.....
Nivaan just couldn't believe what he just heard...!!
Lathika's voice was still echoing in his ears and he felt different...

It was nt lyk, it's his first tym to hear any proposal...!!
Infact Proposals for him were just common lyk any other thing...
Bt this tym..., it was different....
Though it was just a 3 word sentence..., the person who said them means a lot to him...

For the first tym in his lyf..., he felt those 3 magical words by heart....

.........

Lathika gave a 2 minutes pause for him to respond..., bt then seeing him in such state she felt the need to add something...

.........

"A week before.., I never know how it feels to be wanted....!!
How it feels to be cared...!!
How it feels to sleep peacefully placing hands on heart and can confidently say that...,
' I'm  happy vth my life and i wish to see the next sunrise...!!'

I have accepted my life.., the way it is and i never in my dreams  thought of  living the moments which u gave me in just a week...

I can feel myself complete in your presence...
N i still remember my words which i said you before...!!
Yes..., i have always looked for a commitment  in relationships which i could hardly find  in my own family... n how can i even expect from others...??!! That's my stupidity....

(She breathes heavily)

Nivaan sir..., i know that it's hard for you to be in a committed relationship after what you have seen in lyf...

I don't know how my life turns out...!! N i hardly care at this moment..

I just want to  feel every moment and live it to the fullest vth you....

I love  you vth all my heart and i have no expectations from you....
My love has no terms and conditions....!!

Bt whenever you feel that pain and become sad  vth those haunting memories of your past...,

just remember that somewhere  around  the world...,
there is this girl who  has her world around you and lives only vth ur memories..."
.........lathika said vth a heartful smile on her face., and waited for Nivaan's response...

..........

Comment ur views... :)

Lathika's proposal is the heart of this story...
Soo i extended it a bit long :)