Chapter 8

Ambers POV

My mom and I walked into the hospital. I always hated hospitals. Its a place for tragedy and lost. But still I have to be here for my sister.

There it is. Room 174.

I thought to myself as we walked in the cold and still room. The first thing i heard was her heart beat. The screen with the red lines going up and down. And the first thing I saw was the oxygen pump. A tube ran down her throat and into her lungs so she can breathe. She layed there lifeless. Her eyes were closed and her hair was dead. No color what so ever. She was a vegetable. I sat at the chair beside her bed.

"Hi Veronica. So I met Austin." I looked down at her hand, smiling.

"He thinks I'm the one for him. But I'm pretty sure I'm not. There's other girls out there." I looked up at mom then I looked away.

"You wouldn't believe me but I think he likes me." I turned to her lifeless body and tears fell down my eyes.

"I just wish you can come back, Veronica" I rested my head against her hand and started crying again.

As I was crying I can think of the time when Veronica and I would watch PowerPuff girls on TV. She would be Blossom and I would be Buttercup. Veronica always wanted another sister so she can be Bubbles. So it would be the 3 of us against the world. Or the time when we would spend all our nights in the tree house. It started raining one day and we were stuck there. All though we fought we still loved each other. But seeing her on the bed like this made me even sadder.

The doctor came in and asked for mom. The both went outside the room. I looked back at her. "Whatever happens. You will always be in my heart. I love you so much Veronica." I said these words because I knew what was going to happen next. Mom always told me that the hospital bill was expensive. Because she was a single mother the government helped her a little bit but she can't get enough money to cover the hospital bill. Mom came in the room and said "Are you ready?" I nodded at her and I turned to veronica. "I love you" I hugged her for the very last time and backed away from her.

The doctor came in the room and went to Veronica. He put his hand on the plug and looked at my mom. He nodded and she nodded back at him. I took a deep breathe and then he did it. He pulled the plug. The sound went from Beep Beep Beep Beep to Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep. It felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest. I closed my eyes and tears rushed down. All the memories we had together was all gone. She was 21 when the doctor pulled her plug. Just like that she was gone.

The drive home was silent. As I looked out my window I can only think of Veronica. I was staring out my window, blocking out the world. Then I heard my mom.

"Amber? Amber?" Mom asked me. I looked at her and said yea.

"Aren't you going to the movies with Austin?" I looked back out the window and said "I just don't feel like it right now." And that was it. The conversation was over.

We got home at around 7 pm. I ran up to my room and locked the door. I was crying nonstop. An hour passed by and i  stopped crying. I found myself staring at the ceiling. Just laying on my bed looking at the plain white ceiling. My phone rang and I looked at it. It was Austin. He left a voicemail. I don't want to bother.

He wouldn't understand. I don't want to talk to anyone right now.

I thought to myself. I heard the doorbell ring. Mom opened the door and it was Austin. I couldn't hear what they were saying but I can tell Austin was concerned. A couple minutes later and I heard his car turn on and drove off.

I turned to my side and looked at my mini drawer where the lamp was. I opened the drawer and took out a small blade. I stared at it. Its been a year since I've done it. Since I've cut myself. It relieves my pain. I stopped because my mom found out. She told me its my choice and she couldn't do anything about it. I can tell she was mad. So I stopped because I hate it when someone's disappointed at me.

One last time Amber. One last time and no more. After this you're going to throw it away. I told myself.

I took the blade and I slid it across my wrist. Blood gushed out. It hurt. It didn't hurt before. I threw the blade back in my drawer and sat on my bed.

"No more." I told myself. I took a tissue and held it to my wrist. I turned off the light and went to sleep.

Please vote :) Comment if I should do more :) Thanks for reading <3 Tweet me some ideas @Mahomies_Dream :)