Chapter 75

Ambers POV

The car stopped suddenly. My eyes shot open.

"What what." I said jumping out of my seat.

"Calm down Missy ..." The old man said smiling. I looked over at Austin and he was smiling.

"What happened?" I asked Austin.

"Nothing. Were here." I looked out the window and its sunny. I see kids running around.

"You fell asleep .. its been at least 20 minutes." I hear Austin.

"Oh okay." I said to Austin but still looking outside.

Were parked on the curb and I see a gigantic water fountain. I see a while bunch of people sitting in the fountain. I then look over there in the distance and it looks like a giant square with an oval cut out in the middle. It looked so beautiful.

"Itll be 25.97" I hear the old man say.

"25.97?" I said shocked.

"Yea I know. New York is expensive." Austin says taking out his wallet. I see him give the old man a 40 and he got back his change.

"Are you ready?" Austin says smiling over at me.

"I'm ready." I said smiling. I look over at the old man.

"Goodbye Mr." I said politely.

"Goodbye .." I was about to leave but then he said something else. Austin was in the back taking our luggage out.

"You remind me of my niece." He said turning back and looking at me through the glass.

"How's that?" I said smiling.

"She has a boyfriend like yours.." He said. I was about to stop him but he kept on speaking.

"He seems like a gentleman. Keep him. The boy you have is rare." He said smiling over at me. I smiled back thinking about Austin.

"Goodbye." I said getting out of the taxi. After that I couldn't stop thinking about Austin. It makes me want to tell Austin and I will.

I went behind the car and took my 1 bag. Austin had 2 bags. I wonder what's inside his bags.

"Let's sit over there." There was a bench that was free. We reached the bench and we both sat there watching the kids and couples walk around. The water fountain was on and it was shooting out water sprouts.

"This is beautiful.." I said looking at the sky.

"It feels great." I said closing my eyes and smiling. I feel the wind hit my face. The wind was mild. The sun blazed on my face and it felt warm.